Exposure suit for June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in early July last year and dove with swim trunks and rash guard only during the day and 1/2 mil dive skin for night dives.

It's really a matter of personal comfort...different folks get cold easier than others.

Either way, it is great diving... Have fun!!!

In june the water temp is normally around 84f which means that most people don't need a suit to stay warm but it can be useful to prevent the occasional jelly sting. There may still be thimble jellies at that time!
Personally I look forward to June as the month when I can put the suits away and bring out a rashguard! No more wet and clammy for a few months!!

CJ

Look around when the temperature is 45 degrees in your neighhood. Some people will have on heavy coats, others light jackets. I just run out to the car with a sweater on, but my son will be wearing shorts. People's tolerances for cold varies.

I checked 12 Cayman Island trip reports from www.undercurrent.org with trip dates in May or June. Most of their reports include min and max water temps. Average was 82.2 degrees, min was 78 degrees, max was 88 degrees. I've always found that computers are not very precise in determining temperatures.

I'm going the end of May and plan to do 2-3 dives per day. I'm wearing a 3mm full wetsuit.

JoAn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom