External light source that doesn't attach to camera (for Canon D10)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cordoer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

This is my first post to ScubaBoard, and I hope you all can help.

I have a Canon Powershot D10 camera, and I love it. I've used it for three scuba trips, and have taken it down beyond 10M with no problem.

However, I'd really like to be able to get more light for some of my photos of fish when they're hiding under something, or for cloudy days. However, as far as I can tell, there's no way to attach a strobe to the D10. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Emily

There is a tripod mount on the bottom. That means you can add a tray with an arm to hold either a light or another strobe. Should not be difficult to figure out. ULCS makes both trays and arms as do others. Of course it means making the whole thing bigger but we all know bigger is better for our underwater toys.

Bill

hi Emily. we have a strobe mask kit, tray and arm that will allow you to attach a strobe to your camera/housing. A strobe will make a big difference in the color / lighting of your shots when used properly.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom