Closed Faber Blue Steel FX 149 $290

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingsteph67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For sale, 149cf Blue Steel Faber FX Tank, an excellent high pressure steel tank. $290

Manufactured in Feb 2017, passed Hydro in May 2022, yearly visual inspection Nov 2022.

Very few dives, very well maintained and kept in storage in air-conditioned storage, great for divers who want to increase their bottom time without switching to twin set, therefore keeping their back mount BCD.

Specifications:

• F-x Series is a DOT E-13488 specification, no overfilling is allowed.
  • F-X Series cylinders are oxygen cleaned and suitable for Nitrox use up to 40%.
  • Inlet Thread 3/4 - 14 NPSM.
  • Self-draining boot included, no valve.
  • Color: Faber Silver, corrosion resistant finish for durability.
  • Specifications: Height 29.53"(w/o valve), Diameter 8.02", Weight 46.9lbs (w/o valve)
  • Fill pressure 3442 PSI
  • Volume 19l/149 cf
  • Buoyancy full -9.41 / empty 2.35 in salt water (tank only)
This is a very high-quality tank that can last a lifetime!

Tank to be picked up in person in Homestead, FL. Will provide address to persons interested in viewing.

20221128_124512.jpg
20221128_124522.jpg
20221128_124517.jpg
20221128_124533.jpg

DM sent.

For sale, 149cf Blue Steel Faber FX Tank, an excellent high pressure steel tank. $290

Manufactured in Feb 2017, passed Hydro in May 2022, yearly visual inspection Nov 2022.

Very few dives, very well maintained and kept in storage in air-conditioned storage, great for divers who want to increase their bottom time without switching to twin set, therefore keeping their back mount BCD.

Specifications:

• F-x Series is a DOT E-13488 specification, no overfilling is allowed.
  • F-X Series cylinders are oxygen cleaned and suitable for Nitrox use up to 40%.
  • Inlet Thread 3/4 - 14 NPSM.
  • Self-draining boot included, no valve.
  • Color: Faber Silver, corrosion resistant finish for durability.
  • Specifications: Height 29.53"(w/o valve), Diameter 8.02", Weight 46.9lbs (w/o valve)
  • Fill pressure 3442 PSI
  • Volume 19l/149 cf
  • Buoyancy full -9.41 / empty 2.35 in salt water (tank only)
This is a very high-quality tank that can last a lifetime!

Tank to be picked up in person in Homestead, FL. Will provide address to persons interested in viewing.

View attachment 756640View attachment 756641View attachment 756642View attachment 756643
Is this tank still available?

Hello, my Name is Todd, I’m new to scuba board, so it won’t let me DM you until I make 5 public posts, so sorry having to communicate in posts. Im interested in the tank. Would you be able to post a couple pics of other side of tank? I live in Tampa, would you be willing to drive a little to meet and if so how far are you willing to drive?

Hello, my Name is Todd, I’m new to scuba board, so it won’t let me DM you until I make 5 public posts, so sorry having to communicate in posts. Im interested in the tank. Would you be able to post a couple pics of other side of tank? I live in Tampa, would you be willing to drive a little to meet and if so how far are you willing to drive?
HI Todd, no picture on the other side of the tank but you can see the half side... It is the same as all sides, no scratch, in pristine condition. As it is stated in the ad, only pick up in Homestead, FL. Tank is at my dad's house and there is no way I'm going to have him handle something this heavy, hence this is why it is still available. Plenty of takers but nobody wanted to drive to Homestead or asked me to ship cross country, ain't no way this is happening. Price is really low for a tank that is worth almost double and has not lost its value in the last 5 years.

I fully understand, it is a big tank, I have an OMS LP 125 that is basically the same size. I will try to figure out when I can make a run down there and see if it works for you.

No worries, tank is going nowhere for the time being. If you make it to Miami area for work or fun let me know...

Would Wednesday 3/22 at 9:30am work for you?

Back
Top Bottom