Fake Suunto Dive Computers / Watches - replica dive computers warning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Replicas" are not necessarily cause for alarm.

Try explaining that to me......my Suuntoo dive computer stopped working during my first dive. I paid my $300 for the D9 on Kijiji (or was it ebay???) but only after the seller confirmed that the dive computer was indeed manufactured by the Suuntoo Marketing department. I put my newest scuba toy on and backrolled into the water and the damn cardboard got wet and fell apart. Bye Bye dive computer :sad:

just surprised they would consider it viable to invest in "faking" such a low volume item.
Yeah, that is surprising. DivingBrisbane's 4 scenarios sound plausible to me. If they actually work, my bet would be that they come from the same assembly line as the real ones. But I'd much rather send $1,000 to LeisurePro than send $300 to this dodgy site to find out.

But I'd much rather send $1,000 to LeisurePro than send $300 to this dodgy site to find out.

Yeah, I am with you there, - but just thinking, could they be "stolen" from say a Suunto distributors warehouse somewhere, I guess even the factory.?

Probably never know but its a thought.!

I couldn't find anywhere on the site where they claimed it was a real suunto watch/dive computer. It is very clear that it is a replica. I am not sure what 'replica' means to them or you but to me it means I would not pay $200 nor would I ever trust it to go diving.

As for the fear that these could end up on ebay-yep! that's a real fear and is why I don't buy dive computers on ebay (that and the fact that I don't want another persons dive profile on my computer.)

There is a lot of cash to be made playing to people's desire to be liked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom