Family Found Dead Overnight. I bought 3 more household Carbon Monoxide monitors today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is also worrisome is that commercial buildings are apparently not required to have CO monitors. :idk:

What is also worrisome is that commercial buildings are apparently not required to have CO monitors. :idk:
NH school noticed an odor or they wouldn't have known about the CO levels. Four hospitalized...
Carbon monoxide problem at Milton high school, library - Monday, Jan. 24, 2011

My daughter thinks I am a fanatic about this, which I am, but she did answer me today that they don't have CO detectors in her elementary school classrooms. I'll see her this weekend so her's will soon.

Two more ice fishermen found virtually dead...
2 ice fishermen overcome by carbon monoxide in Door County | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press Gazette

As winter continues in the northern hemisphere, CO risks and stories continue at higher rates than in the summer. There are new news stories every day, many similar to the ones already linked - but some are different...

This couple had a generator running in their home, maybe after a power outage: Trooper, wife found deadThe BIG One - WTAM 1100

I keep 2 monitors in my home, one in my ancient pickup as anything can go wrong with it - and it saves packing one for an overnight stay in a hotel, but I've started carrying my tiny Pocket CO with me so I can wear it to functions as it's amazing that so many public gathering places do not have monitors...
Official: Carbon monoxide sickens 54 at Colorado hockey game - CNN.com

Ok this one did have a monitor that finally went off, but only after some were ill. Sounds like it's large enough that it needs several: Carbon monoxide sickens dozens at fundraiser - WSJ.com

Another heating vent blocked by snow, but luckily they smelled gas. Too bad they didn't hear an alarm: Carbon Monoxide Clears Church - Connecticut News Story - WFSB Hartford

One lady was hospitalized but she survived only because "It’s fortunate that her neighbors invested in a carbon monoxide detector,” Wirth said. “Madison Fire Department recommends everyone install a detector in their homes." The Badger Herald: Madison apartment found to have dangerous carbon monoxide levels

Many firemen and rescue paramedics do not have CO analyzers in their kits yet. These finally got some that they can wear on calls like I wear mine at times: Palm Beach County fire-rescue paramedics get carbon-monoxide detectors - Sun Sentinel

And this one has nothing to do with winter, but happened when power went out for other reasons so they used a running car for lights and music at a party: 9 friends die in Vietnam at New Year party

Back
Top Bottom