Trip Report Farnsworth Banks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beldridg

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I went out to Farnsworth on the Sundiver Express the day before Thanksgiving. We had an excellent dive and saw Torpedo Rays midwater, quite a few mola mola and then we dove the Midnight Hour (I'll send out a separate post on that including a photogrammetry model). We saw a ton of dolphins and a couple whales on the return trip home and the water was very glassy. Looked like "Lake Pacific."

Here is the full report with a ton of pictures and a couple movies:

Enjoy!

- brett

PS - Yes, it was strange going on a dive and not looking for rusted metal. :)

I went out to Farnsworth
I've only been to & dove Farnsworth once and they say you need to align perfectly > small waves, slow channel currents & incredible Viz to be able to dive it. But if you are lucky like you guys, it's an incredible color and structure dive site. Your photo's are great. Here's just one of mine at 90 feet still showing all the colors down there. Thanks for the report !!

IMG_2570.JPG

I've only been to & dove Farnsworth once and they say you need to align perfectly > small waves, slow channel currents & incredible Viz to be able to dive it. But if you are lucky like you guys, it's an incredible color and structure dive site. Your photo's are great. Here's just one of mine at 90 feet still showing all the colors down there. Thanks for the report !!

View attachment 757144

Yep. We got a perfect window and took advantage of it. :)

- brett

Sometimes conditions are great for an extended period. We made consecutive trips to Farnsworth Bank over three weekends last year and had perfect conditions each time.
1670261503646.png

Back
Top Bottom