Father dies on teen daughter's first dive - Banyuls-sur-Mer, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Google translation...
The facts took place at the end of the day this Friday, June 16, 2023.

A few minutes before 6 p.m., this Friday, June 16, 2023, the Pyrénées-Orientales firefighters were dispatched to the town of Banyuls-sur-Mer for a diving accident.
A 16-year-old girl is doing her first dive with her instructor and her father, a 40-year-old man. According to the first elements, during the dive, the father would have become unwell.
Despite the intervention of the emergency services, supported by SAMU and Dragon 66, the forties could not be revived.

Crap

Hoping that daughter gets every bit of support & encouragment from fellow divers to help her thru this trauma at just 16 yrs old.

Hoping that daughter gets every bit of support & encouragment from fellow divers to help her thru this trauma at just 16 yrs old.
Yeah, me too, but I hope that no one encourages her to dive as I doubt that she'll be interested. Maybe later on, but not this year. Damn, he was just 40.

Horrible event, so sorry for her.

Wow. Terrible. I’ve gone on checkout dives with my daughters. All very benign dives. The thought that this could happen never really crossed my mind.

Lord have mercy on his soul. Unforantly, we have had quite a few fatalities this year in the Philippines. It goes to show that we should always be super careful and conservative while scuba diving.

Back
Top Bottom