Fav. Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StatusMaker

Reaction score
I have been diving for a little while now and have always been curious about 1 thing. What people feel are their fav. all time dives. I was thinking about this working hard on a clients web site and came to the realization that if I had to pick one it would be hard to do.

So whats your favorite dive in Ontario? Or if you cant pick a dive, where is your fav. area (kingston, picton, toby?).

Darryl Koster

PS. a bit of an alterior motive here, want to see if there is a fav. wreck of someones that I have not dove that I might get the chance to do this year.

Favorite all time dive....

The first one I did with Cobaltbabe.

It doesn't matter where when you are with the right person.... :07:

(other than that, any of the Point Traverse Wrecks......)

Having dove in all the areas, I can say to following
  1. Intact wrecks: Kingston or Picton
  2. Nice Steel Wreck: Wexford Grand Bend
  3. Most Variety: Kingston followed by Toby
  4. Oldest Wreck intact: Tiller
  5. Nicest paddle wheeller: Comet Kingston
  6. Artifical Reef: Wolfe Islander
  7. Big Cold and Dark: Northwind

These are all recreational wrecks and all worth the time to go and dive them.

I think fav all time trip, was the Marquette off Hope Island last year. It wasn't just the wreck itself however. We sailed across on our own boat, ideal wind conditions, in company with friends on their boat. Anchored South of Hope Island overnight, woke to a gorgeous day. Motored around the corner, found the wreck at exactly the GPS lat/long we'd been given. Had a lovely long dive, decent vis and warm (by Georgian Bay standards) water. Found the reamins quite interesting, had an interesting encounter with a large fish (big bass or what it was still under debate, ran out of film just seconds before he arrived) who kept bumping various divers. Later in the day dove the Lottie Wolf, then back to our anchorage, steaks on the grill then rowed over to our friends boat for sundowners.
In my mind, it doesn't get much better than that (unless of course it was someplace warmer like the caribbean and you could stay and do it day after day).

Hello

My over all favorite diving destination was Shab Rumi Egypt, where Jacques Cousteau carried out his Precontinent II experiment in the sixties. Cousteau and his "oceanauts" lived at the sea bottom in this area for many weeks and the remains of his undersea village can still be seen and explored there. The area around the habitat is occupied by large shoals of Hump-head Parrot fish, which are abundant in Sudan. The south point of Shab Rumi is also known for Grey Reef and hammer head Sharks that school in the hundreds. The most amazing selection of soft and hard stoney corals found anywere. Its not Ontario, but its by far my favorite.

Cheers

Mr A

Ontario Diver:
Favorite all time dive....

The first one I did with Cobaltbabe.

It doesn't matter where when you are with the right person.... :07:

(other than that, any of the Point Traverse Wrecks......)

No matter where you dive, it is always a good dive if you are with the right person.

I am still exploring the wrecks in Ontario but so far I love the Wolfe. Reason for that, I rode it as a child and dove it as an adult. It's a fun dive as well.

I love all of them though. Each one has it's own special thing.

My all-time favorite so far is the Eastcliffe Hall, a steel freighter upriver off Morrisburg. Besides that, I liked the Glendora, City of Sheboygan, Frontenac, Terry's Tug, the Comet, and the Munson (great night dive - heck, dive it at noon and it's still a night dive :wink: ).

Eastcliffe and Frontenac top my list however.

Although I like diving the area I would have to say my fave was with a group of GUE divers on the C-53 in Cozumel Mexico.

In the area? Well I am a little different than most and really like looking at ROCKS. The wall in Toby is up there for me. I know I am dull.

d33ps1x:
Although I like diving the area I would have to say my fave was with a group of GUE divers on the C-53 in Cozumel Mexico.

In the area? Well I am a little different than most and really like looking at ROCKS. The wall in Toby is up there for me. I know I am dull.
Depends, on how many sides of you the rocks extend.... :D

But then, the original poster asked specifically about Wrecks. I have other sites I like, too.

d33ps1x:

What, you mean it's not the J.C. Morrison? :D

The C-53 dive ranks up there, but I would have to say my favourite dive would be any cenote in Akumal.

Around here my favourite dive would be the Wolfe Islander, I always have fun on the Wolfe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom