Favorite Beer-Which list is your brew on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A real beer Onespeed? If so, where would I find it?

Jim - If you are ever in Manhattan, I'll take you some bars I know that carry it on tap....very good stuff. During DNY's Holiday gathering in December we all enjoyed our first toast of the evening with AB.:D

Wow - what a great thread....beer!
(and hello Sam, Chip, and Jim) :D

Lets see....normal, everyday beer, Presidente from the Dominican Republic - really good

Also love just about any IPA - currently have 2 left by Sierra Nevada (Torpedo IPA - did not love it; too heavy, which is why there are 2 left) :shakehead:

Like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Guiness Extra Stout, and anything made by Brooklyn Brewing Company - tough to get in Florida - also had Alaskan Amber; really excellent beer

With the exception of most products made by Bud and Miller, and any wheat beer, I like most beers - like to go to a place where they have a bunch on tap and and you can do a sampler

I also like Stella Artois and Hoegaarden, both from Belgium. Enjoyed Murphy's when I traveled around Ireland.

Hi, Rob!

As much as I strive to buy local (which includes local booze), I must say the Belgians win hands down in the beer category.

Mealtimes - Chimay complements many dishes nicely

Nice drink in place of wine - the many lambic beers are great for this

There's a dark stouty drink called Gulden Draak which is lovely with chocolate deserts

MMMMMMMMMMmmmm:blinking:

Looked at the first link. Seems to me they missed a few very good breweries that have excellent beer.

First would be New Glarus brewing out of WI. Best domestic beer I've ever run across. James Page in MN is a good brewery as well. Rogue makes some decent beer as well, brewed out west somehwere. Summit has some good beer too, also up in MN. Dang, I've lived in FL - the land of bad beer - for too long, I've forgotten a lot of good breweries. I think it is domestic - the brewery is called Left Hand, and they have some good beer as well. Ooooh, and who can forget Flying Dog. Mmmm, may need to pick some of that up for the weekend.

man, I can't believe you can mention Guiness and Landshark in the same sentence. Guiness is awesome, Landshark=:vomit:

I know, but the way I see it, Guiness in a bottle or a can, even with their nitrogen widget inside, is not nearly as good as it is on draught. So, to avoid tainting the pallet with a substandard serving of Guiness I cleanse it with some Landshark.

Some may see this as nothing but a feeble attempt at rationalization, which it is, but given the proper proportions of your favorite intoxicating beverage, it may make perfect sense!

On a side note...I have had an Arrogant Bastard...it put hair in places I didn't even know I had..but it was good :D

Drink on my friend :coke:

Still searching for this mystic AB at my local distributors.

Local waterhole I visit has little sonic type of gadget that puts a real head on the bottled Guiness. Does a decent job, too. Problem is the locals just don't know abt real beer! The owner and I seem to be the only ones who want to drink a good beer.
He can't seem to sell them anything but the cheap yellowish thin p#$$ stuff!
I'd rather spend a bit more and enjoy a couple of beers with TASTE, than guzzle a case of that @&%*!

Beers are difficult to discuss there is one in chicago i liked that was named after the area code there I forget it. For cheap if im in PA i gotta drink Iron city or Iron city light they both are good pending mood. Florida doesnt really have too many beers that are availible other than commercialized stuff. Hoegarden is good. Longboard is ok, Siera Nevada Pale ale is a good beer, Sand creek had a good beer that i tried, and the list goes on, alot of them are dependant on what you have eaten and what your doing, if your working like crazy outside a heavier beer is usually better like a weak stout is one of my prefered types, just for hanging out IPA's are my favorites. If im at a typical bar a corona with shot of bacardi limon is good and has a nice kick. but for down here i try to go to roxy's or Yard House they both have a good selection and usually you can find one or 10 that you like on tap

AB.JPG

OK! Found it.

Truly dark and strong character! Great after taste!:cheers:

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom