Favorite Brands of Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elenec

Reaction score
Quality for the price? Are there particular brands more suited for women? How about durablitity? Any suggestions or thoughts for a newbie whose out to go shopping?

My girlfriend and I each have EXCEL polar tri-density 9-7-6mm suits and love them. They have suits specially cut for women. Built in hood, ankel damns, 10 year seam warranty and around $500.

I just got a Neo-sport 7mm from Scuba-Toys, farmer john 2 piece for about $150. For the price it is great. It is relatively easy to get on and off and seals well against your skin. (Thanks Larry :35: ) They have both mens and womens sizes.

got a 3/2 Neo-Sport for around $70...did well in Lake Travis in Austin a few weeks ago...

elenec:
Quality for the price? Are there particular brands more suited for women? How about durablitity? Any suggestions or thoughts for a newbie whose out to go shopping?

You might want to check out the womens forum and ask before you go shopping.

My dive buddy and I (we are both women) went with the Xcel wetsuits - I got the 9-7-6 semi-dry with hood, and she got the Quad semi-dry with hood. Very comfortable suits and so far they have kept us pretty darn warm while diving in Monterey.

We did end up going for the Men's version of these suits because the women's did not fit us well - we both have pretty broad shoulders and the women's suits judt didn't work out well.

elenec:

The best suits I have fount are from wetwear in florida.. they make fully custom suits (not cheap) and can also make suits out of g231 rubitex which is nitrogen injected and compresses very little (compared to all the other matreials) with depth.. at 200fsw most of the suit is still there, all the other suits I have tried feel like a skin at that depth..

Back
Top Bottom