Favorite "Celebrity" chefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JerseyDevil:
Michael Lamonaco (don't see him much, he used to run "Windows on the World" atop the World Trade Center, now he has a Cuban restaurant that's really good.

I felt sorry for Michael Lomonaco, after I heard he lost almost his entire restaurant staff in Windows On The World. :frown:

JerseyDevil:
I like that he showcases real Mexican food, not something you see much of, I just don't like him. He reminds me of a serial killer when he talks
:eyebrow: So that's what they sound like :eyebrow: Yeah, he kinda has that lilting voice that would make a good serial killer on TV. BTW, here's his take on the BK commercials: http://www.fronterakitchens.com/rickbayless/whatsupwbk/

JerseyDevil:
Morimoto, ate at his new place in Philly, it was one of the best meals I ever ate.

Oh you lucky Devil. I'm trying to convince my fiancee to make part of our honeymoon in Philly just for that reason.

Forgot about Tony Bourdain and Rick Bayless, I like both of them too. Tony because he's a my kind of foodie, will try anything. Rick because I love Mexican cuisine and you can tell he loves what he does. I used to watch Rick on PBS, but they stopped showing it here. Another that I'll add to the fray is Rachael Rey. Yes she's a bit of a ditz, and "$40 a Day" is horrible (Come on, $40 for one person in one day...please. Do a family of four for $80 and I'll be impressed.) but her meals are really easy and really good.

I love Emeril! I have been to his restaurant in New Orleans, called Nola. Excellent. 5 star in my book!

Bluefish:
Yep. I have to agree as well, though I too would put Julie in the like category. Whatever happened to Justin? I know what happened to Jeff, but I wish he'd get back on the telly anyway--I never believed the allegations...
Don't know why Jeff stayed retired - probably didn't need the hassles. Justin died - 09/05/2001; age 87. What many people didn't know is he released 20+ albums of stories & humor.

Tony is so great!!! you know emril stole "bam" from an instructor at J&W (or so i'm told by a tour guide)

Fly N Dive:
Tony is so great!!! you know emril stole "bam" from an instructor at J&W (or so i'm told by a tour guide)
I wish they'd steal it back...

Really like Alton Brown. Loved the spot he did on Letterman.
Emeril is good.

And yes, I watch Iron Chef whenever I can.

Don't like Bobby Flay.

My favorite is Jacques Pepin. I have learned tons from him.
I also love Jeff Smith, although I think he was arrested for some heinous crime and lost his show. Too bad, I loved it, and also learned lots from him. Who knew there were so many things you could do with kale? :fruit:

Back
Top Bottom