Favorite song related to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought of the video made by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Mary Jane's Last Dance" but you topped that with the Sex Pistols tune!

Buoyant1:
Yeah...but they weren't talking abut SCUBA diving though!:eyebrow:
I don't think there were any Diver songs but the Album cover is the Flag

Originally Posted by grassyknoll
311 (anything with their new raggae sound)

Sorry dude, don't mean to kick you while your down but 311, has always had a "reggae sound". It's actually called ska. Check out Six on their Grassroots album... their first. BTW... Matisyahu and 311 are touring together this summer.

I'll second your choice for any Jack Johnson, Marley and The Bends album and add any Radiohead will do.

Driftin By', no worries, sometimes your the stick and sometimes your the pinata. I think I screwed up about half of what I listed in one way or another. Kids, pay attention, that's what happens when you don't check your facts before posting. But then again, I wouldn't want a few facts to get in the way of a good post.

As for 311, yes, they have allways had somewhat of a ska sound but to me it was nowhere near as prevelant, as a matter of fact, my wife now won't listen to them anymore as she's a big ol' raggae/ska hater. Won't dive, hates raggae, why am I still with her?????? Oh yeah, don't want to lose half my dive gear.

grassyknoll:
my wife now won't listen to them anymore as she's a big ol' raggae/ska hater. Won't dive, hates raggae, why am I still with her??????

What!?!? Won't dive and hates reggae! What's the world coming to? To me that would be like refusing to breath and not eating! Although it does make sense as there's a strong correlation between the two. Because of diving, my wife has gotten to like reggae quite well. Plus when I point out similarities between reggae and bands she likes like 311 and the Police, it really helps.

Surprised no one has mentioned Israel Kamakawiwo Ole's version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. It was the closing song on the 50 First Dates movie. You know the one and you know you love it!

driftin' by:
Surprised no one has mentioned Israel Kamakawiwo Ole's version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow. It was the closing song on the 50 First Dates movie. You know the one and you know you love it!
Yeah, but it's also the song they played when Dr Green was dying on ER... saddest TV episode ever, makes me cry like a baby every time I see it. Good song though, just reminds me of that damn episode.

How about the Eric Stone diving cds? Skip the One Legged Shark Diver and Wreck(ed) Diver are my two favorites...

"He went from Carlos and Charlie's to Pepe's Grill... and all points in between... too much tequila, and not enough triple sec... he started off as a wreck diver, but now he's just plain wrecked"

I'm also very partial to the Life Aquatic soundtrack - 'Shark Attack', 'Let me tell you about my boat', 'Zissou Society Blue Star Cadets / Ned's Theme', 'Ping Island / Lightning Strike Rescue Op'... good stuff =)

-B

Back
Top Bottom