Feedback for new uw photographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mglazer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm enjoying my Fuji E900 as my first underwater camera and thought some feedback of some of my pictures would be good to help me improve. I do not have a strobe yet so all photos were with the internal flash using a diffuser. Thanks for your comments.

Both taken at Wolf Rock, Qld Australia while my Wife was doing her Final Open Water dives.

DSCF0195_1.jpg

DSCF0200_1.jpg

um......... no strobe!!!! you suck!!!! lol, just joking, you should be VERY PROUD!!!!!!!!!!! no strobe????? your pictures are wonderful!!!!! nice nice job!!!! my friend i have seen and taken much crappier pictures then you have ever seen and i have all of the right equipment!!!! your pictures are just wonderful!!!!! great job!!!

no strobe??? wow - the colour is excellent that must be quite the internal flash on that camera. Excellent pics. Which some of mine turned out that well. I also have all the hardware, but I am also new at this "picture thing"

humm nice...
you seem to have found a niche of performance in your limited equipment, and you are squeezing a great performance out of it, congrats!
but this is a strong sign of a photographer limited by the gear, ever thought of adding strobes and wide-angle adapters?
Best

mglazer - Outstanding for your first time! However, you need to be warned of pending disaster. Getting good photos like that early in your U/W photo career can easily get you hooked. It's hypnotic, narcotic, you want more, more, more....more stuff.... cameras, lenses, strobes, arms, housings....more travel... to the most exotic locations (fortunately for you most of them are pretty close). It takes over your life, you lose your family, friends, you end up alone in your golden years sifting through your slides (that won't affect you) and wearing out the Enter key on your notebook. I took 5000 frames in California before I got a scientifically identifiable subject and all of those things eventually happened to me. You got two on your first camera dive. Jeez, consider carefully what is in your future. There are some pluses....but think carefully about the options before your proceed. U/W photography can ruin your life.

All seriousness aside your photos are terrific - have fun with it!!

Very nice!@ More?

Back
Top Bottom