Feeling Woozy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Msflutz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
new question based on this woman's experience -- My husband & I dove for the first time in Grand Cayman. Nothing too deep, about 40 feet and we went in twice for about 40 ish minutes. So is it normal to feel dizzy/wuzzie several days after a dive? We felt really 'off' for a couple of days and I was especially light headed/feeling like I was going to faint.

new question based on this woman's experience -- My husband & I dove for the first time in Grand Cayman. Nothing too deep, about 40 feet and we went in twice for about 40 ish minutes. So is it normal to feel dizzy/wuzzie several days after a dive? We felt really 'off' for a couple of days and I was especially light headed/feeling like I was going to faint.

No----this is not normal.......Was it BOTH you & your husband feeling this way??.......(either way I'd get it/something checked out)

It passed in a couple of days. No further issues but I was curious.

Thanks....SeaCobra... We're medical professionals so we're all set with internet medicine. I will have to attribute the experience to the dive instructor not teaching a boat full of newbies well. Lot's of "don't do this, don't do that" without much of the why. First time diving and I don't want it to be the last.

Msflutz - feeling woozy for 2 days is definitely not normal, and since you both experienced that, well, first thing that pops into my mind is bad air. A little CO, oil, whatever.

So is it normal to feel dizzy/wuzzie several days after a dive?
Nope, not at all normal.
I will have to attribute the experience to the dive instructor not teaching a boat full of newbies well.
So were these certification dives, newbie divers after certification, or discover scuba dives? I'd like to know more about your diving history, and more about the group?
first thing that pops into my mind is bad air. A little CO, oil, whatever.
Yeah, or bad equalizing leading to ear problems, or not rinsing the ears with alcohol & vinegar afterwards, or tainted water or food, or a number of other possibilities really. Just hard to even guess.

I suggest you call Divers Alert Network and speak to "Dive Medical Professionals".

I would not rule out a cause completely unrelated to the diving.

It is not normal for you to feel woozy/unsteady or anything else after a dive like this. But also it is not normal for symptoms of most potential dive related problems to persist like that either.

So although it is easy to blame the diving because the two things co-incided, a bug or infection is probably more a likely explanation to have affected you both that way and to persist for couple of days, maybe even something food related?

Just a thought - Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom