Fiesta Americana Dive Op ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at FA and dove with Dive House on our first trip to Cozumel last year. The AI was very convenient and we still went into town for dinner a couple of nights. Here's a link to my trip report if you're interested. FA and Dive House Trip Report

I have dove with Dive House several times, and while it is good for large groups of divers who are on a trip together, your first trip to coz, or a group of newer divers, I feel an experienced diver or someone who has been to coz a number of times will probably be happier with a smaller operation.

TwoBit

Scubagal,

Great trip report indeed. We are thinking about staying at FA in a few months. In your report, you said that you had talked to the hotel about travel services getting blocks of rooms on the upper floors. Did they happen to say which ones got them? While not absolutely needed, we would prefer an upper floor/ocean view room. I get up at 5 a.m. (I know, I am on vacation but my internal clock just won't reset) and I would much rather look at the ocean than the jungle.

If anyone else might have some info on who it would be best to book through, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

All the rooms are ocean view, just try to be above the 3rd floor. We try to get a corner room because it has an anteroom. We have used Dive House and their EDP program and have never had more than 8 on a boat.

Although all tour companies, wholesalers and online agencies selling the Fiesta Americana sell "ocean view," the cheaper ones tend be on the lower floors. They also use different terms to describe - standard o/v (low flrs), deluxe o/v (higher flrs), grand class o/v...(flrs 4&5 I think). I booked with fiestavacations.com (Apple) in April and we had the 5th flr in a "grand class" which was basically a little nicer furnishings with a king size bed. Not worth the extra money. Based on what we heard from other guests, Apple and AA Vacations have the higher floors. Before you book, ask the company what flrs their room block is on.

Scott101:
Scubagal,

Great trip report indeed. We are thinking about staying at FA in a few months. In your report, you said that you had talked to the hotel about travel services getting blocks of rooms on the upper floors. Did they happen to say which ones got them? While not absolutely needed, we would prefer an upper floor/ocean view room. I get up at 5 a.m. (I know, I am on vacation but my internal clock just won't reset) and I would much rather look at the ocean than the jungle.

If anyone else might have some info on who it would be best to book through, I would love to hear them.

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my trip report! I think any tour operator that offers more than one room category will offer the rooms on the higher floors. For example, Apple Vacations offers Standard Room, Standard Room Ocean View, Grand Class Room, and Suite Casita. After viewing their virtual tour, it looks to me like the Grand Class Room are rooms on the either on or near the top floor. I'm also an early riser, and it's nice to be able to sit on the balcony and look out at the ocean while the sun is rising. Have a great trip!

Grand Class was on 4 & 5. Nice room, but not nice enough for the additional price. You still get the late afternoon pool game noise and evening bar noise, just like any other room. Nice view though. High enough to be unobstructed.

scubawife:
We did our dives with Living Underwater and they were great. We've already booked diving with them for a Dec trip.

We dove with Living Underwater about a year ago and have nothing but great things to say. Jeremy is a fantistic DM and the steel 120s made some VERY long bottom times possible (we hit 2 hrs. on one of the shallower dives). Well worth the slightly higher cost.

Depends on your experience and what type of boats you like. I stayed at the FA but I used Dive With Martin (DWM) and had a good time. Fast, small boats and not too many divers on the boat either. They pick you up right at the hotel pier and drop you off there too. Most days I was back around 12:30 or so.

The next time I'm down I think I'd like to try BLUE XT SEA. You can find Christi on the board somewhere or here's the link to her site. www.bluextseadiving.com

Tuckster:
Planning an Oct visit & plan on using the on-site op unless someone has a better idea......Anyone know who it is ??
Also, I like the non-AI plan so we can dine around however my wife is not BIG on Mexican every night. Should we use the AI or are there enough good seafood & steak places around ???

Check out our dive report on our Second Cozumel trip in April. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=98926...we enjoyed staying downtown at Casa Mexican we found wonderful places to eat and had a great time diving with Liquid Blue divers http://www.liquidbluedivers.com/indexx.html

Planning our next trips to Cozumel....November 2005 and April 2006!

AZ Divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom