Fill whip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James228

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for a yoke to yoke fill whip with pressure guage if anyone has one FS. PM me.

Tank to Tank Equalizer discounts on sale IST

I bought a DIN with a gauge from them last year for cheap. Never used it yet. They might have a yoke with gauge but I do not see it listed. The gauge comes in handy, so a phone call might be in order to see what they have on hand. If I remember correctly I paid around $89.

LP has something similar. You could always add in a gauge, or not worry about it.
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUTCE.html?&&

I already PM'd him - I should have posted as well - so here it is.

This is the one I have - I've used it for years - and it is on sale!!! I would really recommend you get it - brand new for $120, especially since they are usually $200+.

I use this regularly for topping off my pony from my HP tanks, as well as just equalizing the pressure from tank to tank or taking from my HP steel tanks to my LP steel tanks or to top off my son's lower pressure aluminum tanks. I can't believe that all regular divers don't have one, but they don't, but when they see mine - they want it.

Tank to Tank Equalizer with Pressure Gauge

This is the one I have - I've used it for years - and it is on sale!!! I would really recommend you get it - brand new for $120, especially since they are usually $200+.
Make it DIN and that is the same one I paid $89 for from ST. The yoke version was selling for about the same amount. Heck for $69 you can buy a couple fittings and a gauge and still come out less than $120.

I bought mine to use when I travel so I can refill my double HP100's once from a couple of pumped HP130's. Saves me $20 in nitrox. It might take a couple of years for me to realize the cost though. When I take Tech 1 I should be able to recover the cost in just about one fill :shocked2:

BTW I like how LP uses the list price of $169 on the gauge less whip, yet ST uses $99 list for pretty much the same thing if not the same thing, and they are both on sale for $69.

i find it interesting that someone with enough tanks to transfill is diving yokes ... im not at all suggesting there is anything "wrong" with it ... not in the least, but most people in our area are diving din or don't dive other than classes and vacation ... interesting (and a free bump)

i find it interesting that someone with enough tanks to transfill is diving yokes ... im not at all suggesting there is anything "wrong" with it ... not in the least, but most people in our area are diving din or don't dive other than classes and vacation ... interesting (and a free bump)

When traveling/diving internationally, the places I go are yoke and since I'm using their tank - I stick with the same configuration here/USA and there yoke.

I dive weekly, or at least every other week year round, and I've never even considered switching to din. Maybe it is a S.California thing - as most are yoke around here. Most of my tanks are steel HP 3442s and I don't have any problems using yoke, and I do have a tendency to make sure a dive weekend goes smooth, as I carry enough redundancy to help someone in our group with a forgotten weight belt or malfunctioning BCD or a short-filled tank. I sure couldn't take on this role doing both yoke and din!

But you certainly make a valid point, especially as certain specialties of diving demand the extra strength of din.

Now we have bumped the original poster up to the top - but we've also confused him whether he needs yoke or din. My advice is look around you and do what others are doing. If all of your friends look like this - you'd better go din: SCUBAPRO TECH LINE
But if they look like me (standing next to my diesel dodge ram filled with scuba junk), in my ripped up 7mm farmer john, on his 250th jetty dive, then go yoke. :)

I have 2 faber HP 100's, 1 faber HP 80, and 2 Aluminum 80's. All my valves are combo to yoke/din, but I need the yoke whip to fill my 27cf steel that I use with my rapid diver setup, that is why.

I found one at scubatoys w/o the gauge for about $70. Not sure you really need the gauge if you are just equalizing tanks, or topping off a pony bottle.

Sure you could add a guage for a minor fee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom