Fin recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone I dive with uses Scubapro Jet fins for back mount and Dive Rite's plastic fins for sidemount.

Same here except.......I use Dive Rite's with my overhead back mount setup. For a little more clarity, my setup is double AL 80's with a V weight and a 8/7/6 tech semi dry suit, that puts me pretty much neutral trim. The lighter weight Dive Rite's work well for me with this setup. I think if I were using steels with my semi or diving dry, I may go with the heavier Jets. You can't go wrong with either the Jets or Dive Rite.

I tend to let the cave dictate the type of fin. Strong flow but large cave,a power fin that is long is a good choice,but if the cave is small,then a shorter fin like a jet fin is better so you are not dinging the wall or ceiling. Probably one of the best all round fins that is rigid for high flow, short to avoid cave damage,and is light weight is the Dacor Turboflex. In the early to mid-90s that was a pretty common fin,and very popular-still own a pair and like them very much.

---------- Post added January 27th, 2013 at 06:48 AM ----------

Dive Rite's plastic fins for sidemount.

This may be a solution to a bigger problem. If well trimmed a sidemount diver can use any fin without a problem.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom