Final Inspection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a other set of friends lived in Ocean View for two years and moved back to Maui in 05--lived on Macadamia . Long long drive to a big box store for anything . Sounds like you got a good deal on the house. Metal is best in homes and regulators

Ocean View has changed a lot recently, the drive is still there, but the days of living on Mac nuts whilst sheltering in a lava tube are drawing (or have drawn) to a close.

Hi Thal, congrats on your project.
All I can say is: been there done that 20 years ago. The best investment in time and money we did.

Sometimes you embark on a project that, when half done, you say to yourself: what in the world have I gotten myself into???

I can tell you that part of the things I wanted to do are not finished yet, after 20 years.

On of the things I'm proud of is the front of the house: 27 tons of hand cut sandstone all fitted with less than half an inch of clearance between them, took three summers to put up.

Another funny thing: my kitchen cupboards are made with oak veneer that was to be used to make caskets. I bought the wood for a song in a bankruptcy auction. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom