Finally got to dive the Spiegel! VIDEO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthFla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
What an impressive artificially reef! Got to dive her on Friday with Capt. John of HMS Minnow (AWESOME!), and while the visibility wasn't great it was still a spectacular set of dives. I know the video's a little long, but the marine biologist-story teller in me has a hard time compressing 1:20 video
biggrin.gif
Shot on GP Hero Black 3+ with red filter and edited in Sony Vegas. MAKE SURE you watch in 1080HD!

Looking forward to exploring her more over the summer, and checking out the Duane to the South!

Hope you enjoy, cheers!

https://youtu.be/bIZmkmZE7ak

Oh, and dive conditions:
6/19
78F at 70'
~50' lateral visibility, sporadic waves of "green" water
slight to no current
seas 2'

Last edited:
Nice video.

Dove it today...viz an honest 60plus and blue water. Slight current Seas about the same.

Did you hear anything regarding the diving death on Thursday? Our Capt. said a diver with Rainbow Reef boat surfaced unresponsive after his ascent from the Spiegel, but didn't have any more info. I found a brief mention of the incident in a Keys paper, but nothing more :depressed:

Not much. Boat chat. The conversation I had with the the local folks was exactly that - a discussion about what they heard from someone who had heard something else from a friend whose sister-in-law knew a DM, who....dreck.

The overall feeling was:

a.) The dive operation was in no way at fault (this was from a competing boat captain), and

b.) The problem happened almost immediately after the diver hit the water.

All, none, or some of this may be true.

Any further discussion about the death probably should be in Accidents or Incidents, where I don't post very often because the opinions there are so often stated as fact while based on speculation, amazingly abundant experience and superior knowledge, and IMHO the probable use of an Ouija board.

Prayer and condolences to the diver's loved ones.

It's been a great couple of weeks to dive in South Florida !! Weather and conditions are awesome. Taking some local kids snorkeling on Weds, diving the Rodeo on Friday, the HydroAtlantic on Saturday, the cleanup dive at Dania pier Sunday, and whatever I can grab in between...

It's been a great couple of weeks to dive in South Florida !! Weather and conditions are awesome. Taking some local kids snorkeling on Weds, diving the Rodeo on Friday, the HydroAtlantic on Saturday, the cleanup dive at Dania pier Sunday, and whatever I can grab in between...

Not to mention meeting other local divers :wink:

Nice video , glad the goliath grouper cooperated . The weather in Key Largo

has been outstanding and I hope it stays the rest of the summer .

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom