Finally made it to Mexico ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob -- I'm very ambivalent about cave pictures with divers carrying strobes because it often creates too much light! Caves ARE DARK and I like my pictures to show that.

Glad you are having fun down there.

Feel free to post some of your pictures then, Peter. The nice thing about photography is that we're all free to see the scene in our own way. You don't have to like my pics ... other people apparently do.

Here's a few shots from today's dives ... a part of the Nohoch system aptly named Phenomenal.

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last edited:
Bob, if you read Peter's post again, I think you'll see that he's trying to say that you shouldn't apologize for not having slave strobes, because he PREFERS pictures like yours, that have a bit more darkness in them.

I love the "open jaw" in the next to the last picture. I don't remember seeing that. I'll have to look for it next time!

Oh ... as Emily Latella used to say ... "never mind."

BTW - I think I neglected to mention that my dive buddy and "model" is fellow ScubaBoarder "kotik". Prior to this trip we'd never met or dived together. Turns out we're pretty compatible. Thanks, Eric, for your patience ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, if you read Peter's post again, I think you'll see that he's trying to say that you shouldn't apologize for not having slave strobes, because he PREFERS pictures like yours, that have a bit more darkness in them.

I love the "open jaw" in the next to the last picture. I don't remember seeing that. I'll have to look for it next time!
Didn't mean to upset the apple cart with a lighting comment...:D However, I KNOW it has to be tough to not over expose a diver in the foreground floating in black water and still get a good bit of the background at a distance with sufficient light on it. I like the jaws pic too!

Bob -- I'm very ambivalent about cave pictures with divers carrying strobes because it often creates too much light! Caves ARE DARK and I like my pictures to show that.

Glad you are having fun down there.
Feel free to post some of your pictures then, Peter. The nice thing about photography is that we're all free to see the scene in our own way. You don't have to like my pics ... other people apparently do.
I've reread this a few times and can't for the life of me figure out how you managed to get yourself upset about it.

Read something that wasn't there, James ... thought it was a carry over from a previous conversation about the prudence of carrying a camera into a cave. Apparently not.

Today I slipped and fell while carrying my tanks up the stairs at Jailhouse. Ended up at the hospital for a couple of stitches. Apparently I should be less worried about taking a camera into a cave and more worried about taking stairs out of one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I saw that picture and thought of church organ pipes. But now I see what you see.

Great pics! Keep the reports coming. Say hi to everyone for me. Wish I was there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom