Finding dive buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used local facebook scuba groups, as well as scuba groups on Meetup.com (although not for several years), and the regional forums here, to find shore diving buddies locally and in SoCal & Hawaii.

I feel facebook may have the most immediate results.

Travel being the reason 13/19
I used to schlep a 19 everywhere. I'm now using small (AL50) from the shop(s) where I rent tanks when I travel

Hey, all. Enjoyed reading your convos for a long time and finally signed up. Hopefully I’ll have something valuable to contribute. For now, I’m wondering if anyone has a go-to source (a forum or app, maybe?) for finding dive buddies. I travel a fair amount but alone (and don’t dive alone), so I usually have to opt for pricey and sometimes inconvenient guided dives. Suggestions?
I'm assuming you're located in SF Bay Area so you can join a dive club (Several in area). Most do monthly dives or have Discord chat groups with other members to find buddies. There is also a good Facebook group (Monterey Bay Area Scuba Divers). I've had luck finding buddies through my dive club.

I'm assuming you're located in SF Bay Area so you can join a dive club (Several in area). Most do monthly dives or have Discord chat groups with other members to find buddies. There is also a good Facebook group (Monterey Bay Area Scuba Divers). I've had luck finding buddies through my dive club.
Happen to have links to the Discord(s)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom