Finding DMT Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin751

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any good resources to find DMT internships worldwide. I would be looking to do it by the end of 2021 and was looking for a program where I would help work in exchange for the DMT and accommodation etc. I know some people don't recommend this route and would advise paying for the certification, but this is ultimately what I am looking for to help save on costs and get more dives in.

I saw the website divejobs.net with a few openings posted and will dig in to those. A couple are 2 months in Tenerife and others are 6 months in Mykonos (long time difference). So here a couple questions I had.

1.) What other websites, forums etc would I be able to search and look for shops taking on DMTs as interns?
- I would note I'd be open to most places on the globe, dream world is warm water, decent coral and big fishies but not too picky in the end.
2.) Is there an "average" amount of time one would expect this type of DMT to take?
3.) Is the potential difference in time (as mentioned above) for these internships just a way for the shops to get more free labor (but also for me to get more dives in)

4.) Maybe the question that should be first - If you personally went this route, do you have a specific location / shop you would recommend :)

Thank you in advance, Justin

6 months for an internship!! Slave labour.
Peak diving season for both places is summer. Given the situation in Europe now, I would have to say the chance is very very slim.
Greece would require special visa for staying more than 90 days for non-EU national. 2 months is ok with Spain.

Warm water, decent coral and big fish! Very tall order.
SE Asia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom