Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for what fins do y'all use while wreck diving? I currently use split fins for reef diving, and will be venturing into wreck diving in the near future. .

What does "wreck diving" mean to you? Cruising around a wreck looking at fish or going in a window, through the bathroom, down the hall to the stairwell, and down to the lounge? Kind of matters but seeing how the post is pretty old it's probably past issue now.

Sea2summit, no it is not a past issue. I posted this so that I could get as much information as possible as I researched fins for penetrating wrecks and exploring them in the future. I will more than likely be buying the fins this fall/winter, and be swimming with them next spring and summer. This way I can perfect all the kicks and get use they kick and feel on my feet.

Seems that folks are recommending specific brands, but I would think any good paddle fin with a reasonably stiff blade would be fine. I have both splits and paddles, and my paddles are always the ones I choose for wreck diving because of the ability to frog kick inside the wrecks. I do see plenty of people wreck diving in split fins, but having been behind them inside of a wreck, I don't advise it. Unless you are not penetrating at all.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone use Force Fins for wreck penetration? Or even cave diving for that matter - are they any good for frog kicking/not stirring up silt? I have recently bought a pair of Force Fin Pros and I am very pleased with them while flutter kicking - far better than my Tusa Tri-Ex fins. While I'm not doing wreck penetration at the moment, it is something I would like to do at some point, so will my Force Fins be up to the job, or will I need to buy some paddle fins?

Back
Top Bottom