First Dive With My Wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow that is a beautiful thing, this should be the start of some wonderful quality time. I hope when i find that special someone she'll consider diving, or be a diver already, or willing to learn !!!! It is such a wonderful thing to have something special in common like diving. GOD bless you and your wife, she is an inspiration!!!

:love:

Thank you for sharing that. What a beautiful eeperience.

What a great story!!!!

I'm glad she stuck with it (don't know if I would have in 37 degrees). There is the debate, though, on making beginners so miserable, due to environmental conditions (too cold), that they'll give up.

Kudos to her!!!! Now that is some spunk!!!!!!!!

I only hope I've got that much when I get to be in my 70's!!!

My wife did the same, she took her lessone locally then her OW Qualifying dives in the Philippines. Her age 50. our daughter, and grandchildren were on shore.
SHE DID GOOD!!!
That was in 2005, she has been my dive-partner ever since! :D:D

That is great. I tried to get my wife to get cert'd but she only made it through two of the final dives. She couldn't EQ her ears in 20 ft of water and paniced. She made it all the way to the bottom without inflating her BC. There was no damage, just lots of pain and she now refuses to finish.

....Something that makes this a great accomplishment and inspiration for others is that my wife is 74 years old. She will be 75 in June. ...
Yes, there is no age limit on diving. We are able to enjoy the dive sport together now. It is GREAT!

Wow....simply amazing. My wife and I are about to start the SCUBA journey together and this is an amazing inspiration. It is wonderful to share such things with the most important person in your life!

My wife did the same, .... Her age 50. our daughter, and grandchildren were on shore.
SHE DID GOOD!!!
That was in 2005, she has been my dive-partner ever since! :D:D

These stories are an inspiration to so many. Thank you!

My wife became a diver on her 50th birthday as well. As a cancer suvivor, she decided life need more excitment. We have been diving together regularly ever since.:D

Great story and thanks for posting

Just dove today with my favorite buddy, my wife. We were certified together at the "Y" in Peoria IL, in November 1977 and have be diving together ever since.

Its great when you can do this sport together and have a built in buddy.

Back
Top Bottom