First pics (topside) D300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice sets, Larry. Now you need to tell the wifey that you need a macro lens, a 105mm f/2.8 vr. Welcome to the dark side...

"Well, um, see... the lenses I have won't fit in the port for the underwater housing. It's ONLY about $800...please???":no

Thanks, Caloy. All in good time.

Larry, soon you will be looking for f2.8 lenses. :D And primes, and long telephotos and etc etc etc..... Not to mention a whole set of lenses for just underwater shots! Hope your wife is an understanding person... :D

"Well, um, see... the lenses I have won't fit in the port for the underwater housing. It's ONLY about $800...please???":no

See, Larry.. you missed one VERY important statement..

"And, oh - look what I got for you at Tiffany's today!"

Z...

Larry, soon you will be looking for f2.8 lenses. :D And primes, and long telephotos and etc etc etc..... Not to mention a whole set of lenses for just underwater shots! Hope your wife is an understanding person... :D

No, she's neither understanding, nor patient.

See, Larry.. you missed one VERY important statement..

"And, oh - look what I got for you at Tiffany's today!"

Z...

Fortunately, she's not that type of wife. With Carol, it's more like "And, oh - look what I got you for YOUR boat". HER boat is her baby, cause she's CAPTAIN Carol, Dammit!:wink:

D300 buy you did. mmmmmmm much darkness I sense in you.

Nice job Larry. Can't wait til you get it housed; however, I'm certain you can't wait just to get wet again with your old SP350.

D300 buy you did. mmmmmmm much darkness I sense in you.

Nice job Larry. Can't wait til you get it housed; however, I'm certain you can't wait just to get wet again with your old SP350.

No kidding. Saw the doc today. Still March 1st. Meanwhile I'll have to get by playing with my new toy. Had so much fun playing with that 10x diopter yesterday that I ordered a set from Adorama, 1,2 & 4 for the 35mm f2.0. That should give me more range and still let me do macros with it. At the same time, I ordered a 72mm Sigma diopter designed for their 28-200. The 18-200 is also a 72, and it already takes a decent shot from about 12". I'm betting the diopter makes a passable and very versatile macro out of it. Total for all of that, $50 incl. 3 day shipping. Sure, I'll need real macros when I get a housing, but meanwhile I can have some fun on the cheap. The one thing I really missed about the SLR compared to my little SP is the way you could get right on top of a subject and still have great DOF. How's it going with the E-410?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom