First pics with Pentax *istDS and UK-Germany Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gudge:
In general you want the Advanced Cancel Circuit disabled when using a wire sync cord and enabled when using the strobe in sTTL mode with a fibre optic cable with a camera that has a pre-flash
Aaaaaaaah!!

It all makes sense now!! I was under the impression that depressing that button enabled TTL, and leaving it out it disabled TTL. So I had it out, thinking I was disabling TTL. When I pushed it in, I thought I was enabling TTL - hence my thinking that having TTL enabled gave a full dump. When in actual fact, when I had the button depressed, and my photos washed out, all I should have been doing was dialling down the manual output.

I disabled the Advanced Cancel Circuit and took half a dozen test shots at varying power levels. Much better results!

Thanks guys. I knew SB would help me out! I'm on my next outing I will get heaps more "keepers"!

Well Gudge, you certainly hit the nail on the head. With the advance cancel circuit turned off, I hit the water again yesterday. Most of the dive was between 25m and 40m (80ft - 130ft) , so there wasn't that much time to hang around and play :) But it did mean that I've given the housing a good pressure test, and also that the strobe worked pretty well with very little ambient light.

The following couple of pics were taken at f/9.5 and 1/125, with strobe on full power with a -0.5EV diffuser. Overall pretty happy, but the pics could probably do with a bit more vibrancy though, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom