First time in Bonaire - Night dive and restaurant questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, I'll be there from 1st Feb. Give me a shout if you want to buddy.

Night dives I've done Barry's reef (omg tarpon close ups!) , windsock and oil slick. All were great but Barry's is easy navigating due to the morning blocks and restaurant lights.

I'm pretty sure there's a lock on the dock at BDA.

You can walk right in at the beach next to the pier, nice sandy entrance...you could walk in barefoot.

Pategonia has the best steak I've found on the island. The chimmichurri sauce is on the side in a pitcher, which is good since I'd rather just drink it with a straw!!! Yum!!

Bonaire Dive & Adventure leases that dock, from what I read, and doesn't allow use of it by non-customers. Whether they guard it at night I don't know.

Whatever you decide for a night dive, try diving it during the day first to get familiar with the site. Besides any of the dive resort docks, an easy entry is Windsock Beach by the airport.

+1. There's a big pier you can enter & exit by, and since it's easy to come up a hundred feet or so either way from where you intended to exit, having a very large & obvious marker for you exit at night can be quite helpful.

Tip: Windsock the dive site is not the same as Windsock Resort, so don't let driving by the latter confuse you.

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom