First time out - G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SPG3K

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, all my pics and a short video are up from the trip to Alabama Blue Water yesterday.

My strobe seems to have broken like 5 shots into the dive, so I was relegated to shooting fun stuff instead of testing out the rig. I'm going to have to send it back to Sea&Sea, as I cannot figure out whats wrong with it.

The cable transmits light, but no matter how I hold or mount the cable, the strobe will not fire anymore. It charges up just fine, which leads me to believe it did not flood, but who knows =/. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. And BTW - I tried firing the camera flash directly at the front of the strobe to see if the slave would work, but it also does not make it fire.

Anyways - the pics aren't so great as most were shot on the fly after I was mad at the strobe, the water there is REALLY green, but I was happy to have the camera underwater and keep it dry. I did a quick dive to about 50 feet to test the housing and then shot some stills and video.

Pelham Photo Album

Video Download Link

If you want to view the video just go to www(dot)thezimbardis(dot)com. It's embedded at the bottom. I'm the one waving about halfway through, hehe.

I like the last fish picture you have. Was the camera set in a b&w mode for the two pics you have there? The pipe pic is pretty spooky.

One was in B&W on camera, one was done with the RAW Software Canon ships with the bundle. Yeah - I was about to swim through it and I had second thoughts, lol. Thats why there is a picture of the outside and not the inside =D.

If you have a YS110 they've been known to have issues. Inon is superior in the wireless catagory.

Back
Top Bottom