First time spearfishing questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Actually, this will be my second spearfishing trip. Live in Louisiana and went with some friends three weeks ago. They let me borrow a speargun (band gun). Shot a fish the first and only time I fired it. We are going back in one week. I bought a cressi sl pneumatic gun. I understand how to attach the line to the spear and the gun but here is the question. When I used my friend's band gun he wrapped the line. I don't see anywhere to wrap the line on this cressi sl pneumatic. Do I just let the line hang down? There is no "guide" on the gun back at the trigger, just a place to attach the line at the muzzle end of the gun. I'm an advanced diver with more dives than I can count, but I am a newbie at this.

Fixed line or on a reel? I'm not familiar with your particular gun, but there's usually a way to stow a fixed line along the barrel. Dealer or manufacturers' website no help? I wouldn't want the line dangling and you might want to consider adding a reel anyway depending on how and what you're intending to fish.

Sorry, it's fixed line I quess. Upon looking closer, there is a little yellow guide that hangs down under the trigger. But I can't figure out how your wrap the line.

---------- Post added July 31st, 2014 at 02:11 PM ----------

Sorry, with some research I found that the "guide" under the trigger is released when you pull the trigger. I can't believe that Cressi doesn't put this in the "manual" if you want to call it that. It just shows you how to load the gun and that's it. Sorry for the stupid question. I had to dig hard for the information I needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom