First Timers Bonaire Trip Report: April 23 – May 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did you find the common living room space in the Buddy Dive 3 bedroom? Enough room or cramped? Have they remodeled the kitchens. They seem smaller? We're planning for a trip and will need a 3 bedroom. Thanks!

We made a group trip a couple years ago with Buddy Dive.
We had the "meal plan" and really enjoyed the buffet breakfasts (I still miss them). Let's face it, food is a big part of dive trips!
Our group loved the Hilma Hooker wreck, and dived it twice in one day.
We opt'ed to do the morning boat trips, but next time we'll substitute more shore dives instead.
Thanks for a nice report. Way to go Buddy Dive!

Twice I have returned to an overseas location where I have dived before. Both times I was trying to recreate the positive experiences I had previously enjoyed so much on my first trips. But sadly, I failed to recapture the feelings of surprise and discovery that I now realize is what I am seeking in my diving. So, I have decided in future to always give preference to new locations when choosing my travel destinations.

Last edited:
How did you find the common living room space in the Buddy Dive 3 bedroom? Enough room or cramped? Have they remodeled the kitchens. They seem smaller? We're planning for a trip and will need a 3 bedroom. Thanks!

The common space was ok but certainly not spacious. (It was basically an L shape, starting with the kitchen on the long side, then the kitchen table, and then the living room on the short side. ) We made it work, even though the photographers basically took over the coffee table by the couch.

We couldn't really fit all 6 comfortably around the kitchen table for a meal, but we often didn't all eat at the same time. Or some people would sit on the couch, or at the table out on the balcony. Since we had 2 side-by-side units, sometimes we had 9 or 10 of us in one unit just to hang out. We just kept moving things around. Inside chairs might be out on the balcony for a while.

I don't know if they have remodeled the kitchens. We mostly did breakfast and lunch there and ate many dinners out. You can certainly cook basic meals there but you couldn't have more than 2 people cooking at a time.

Thanks for the feedback. My other half and I stayed in a 1 bedroom back in 2004 before the renovation. this was PLENTY of space for just the two of us. The kitchens now seem to have an Ikea look to them and seem smaller. I think I'll gravitate toward their sister property at Belmar. The Penthouse looks like it has a large common area. Loved the comment about the dive cameras taking over the table space!

Back
Top Bottom