First trip to Roatan in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lotsa dives:
In October things are very slow. In fact, CCV shuts down for the month.

Ummm, no it doesn't

So sorry, You're right. Anthony's Key shuts down.

Whoa, Coco View and West End are the most diametrically opposed possibilities on Roatan, one is scuba camp, with early bedtime (unless you are out on a night dive), while the other is 24/7 activity.

Personally if your group is divided, I would recommend that the party peeps stay at West End while the dedicated divers at CCV. You can meet for dinner in French Harbor or Coxen's Hole, once or twice during your fortnight vacation.

Thank you everyone for the advice! We ended up booking 3 nights at Splash Inn then will move to Coco View for 7 days. Best of both worlds!

That is a great strategy. Have a wonderful time and please post a trip report when you get back. :)

Thank you everyone for the advice! We ended up booking 3 nights at Splash Inn then will move to Coco View for 7 days. Best of both worlds!

You will have a great time diving with Mauricio at Splash! I would enjoy hearing about your trip when you return. Have fun!

That is a great strategy. Have a wonderful time and please post a trip report when you get back. :)

You will have a great time diving with Mauricio at Splash! I would enjoy hearing about your trip when you return. Have fun!

Thank you both! I am SO excited now that the plans are finalized and will definitely be posting an update and video (or two) once we get back!

You don't have to be party of the "party" staying in the West End FYI... there are lots of places just up on the hill that are away from the road and into the trees that are quite quiet. When I stayed last time I was in bed by 10pm every night so I could be up early for diving the next morning. I did two weeks staying at a beautiful maintained and managed set of bungalows called Mame Tree Bungalows and I dove two weeks with the best operator I have every encountered - Roatan Divers. 4 divers to a DM, organized by skill level, and they let us dive our dives which mean that nobody was stuck coming up too early due to someone else being fast on air. I can't wait to go back and would highly recommend that particular dive shop to anyone. They are also the best priced on the Island that I could find for nitrox and will go out for night dives with only a few divers signed up (which essentially meant you could go every night if you wanted).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom