First Twin Lakes dive of the year!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Jester, Beast and I got to the lake about noon today. It was sunny but a little windy. Ya'll know how much I hate wet suits so I was really hoping the water had warmed up...especially after the 80º water we had in Roatan.

I geared up as usual and tiptoed into the water. It was cold at first but as I got used to it, it was a quite balmy 70º. I stayed just about the first thermocline at 15ft. The grass is starting to grow and both perch and bass were out in full force. First dive was 42 mintures with average depth of 13ft. It was a bit cloudy when we got out and the wiond was blowing...I never did get totally warmed up. My knee felt a little strain and I figured I'd get really chilled on a second dive so I packed up my gear while Beast and Jester did a second one.

It was nice to get back into TL.

How many of you locals are interested in diving on Friday evenings? Linda is off on Fridays, and Beast can get there around 4:30 after work. I miss our weekly Wed. evening dives from a couple years ago. Maybe this will work out....

Dee, how late can you dive at Twin Lakes? I never know what time I'll finish work, or what part of town I'll be in.

I sure would love to get wet again. I haven't been in the water since my January Coz trip.

One of these days, maybe I can surprise you and show up to go diving there. :diver:

Ken....I'll be looking for ya!

Greg....We can dive as long as we want. Usually for those coming after work, we'd get in the water around 5pm, do a couple dives and be gone at 7:30 - 8pm. Occasionally, if the skeeters aren't too bad, we stay and do a night dive. We used to do this on Wednesdays, sort of a mid-week water break. I don't know how it'll work out for Fridays. Some prefer to dive the weekends.

Hmmm I would love to try to make it, but just do not know what time I would be able to get there. Realistically it might be hard for me to make it there in time for a dive on a Friday evening. At best I might be able to be there by 6 or 6:30 depending on where I'm at at the end of the work day.

Do you all go anywhere to eat after the diving is done? If I'm not able to get there in time for diving I could just show up and meet some of you guys.

Now the next time you do this on a weekend I'll be there.

Vis was very nice at the 30' range had 10-15 foot vis Temp. was 59. Really wish I had brought my scooter great conditions.. I was running into several areas were the silt was kicked up, at first I thought it was a diver with trim issues till I catch a glimpse of a hugh tail fin, I would say it was a carp but not positive. In relation to his fin I would say he was about a 20 lb at least. Anyone else encountered this mumbo critter? He was a big boy.

Dave

there is a mexican place across the street that i seem to remember being a popular dinner destination...

donbon:
there is a mexican place across the street that i seem to remember being a popular dinner destination...

Yeah the food was pretty good, if you could get past that old man's nasty attitude! They close at 8pm but he always give us the stink eye if we get there much past 7:30.

Back
Top Bottom