Flat travel fins?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oxyhacker

Reaction score
Anyone know who makes those flat travel fins?

The ones I mean are essentially a flat piece of plastic with some webbing straps riveted to them. I saw a test of them somewhere, and everyone who tried them was surprised how well they worked, but I cannot recall where I saw the test, or who made them.

Zeagle sells fins like that. I don't know who makes them though.

I have a couple of pair. I like them when diving a single tank and a wet suit because they're confortable on my feet. They give good control because they're fairly stiff but they don't seem to have the all-out power of some other fins. I didn't care for them when using a dry suit and doubles.

Thanks. Those are close, but not the ones I was thinking of. The ones I have in mind were made by one of the 2nd string dive companies, like IDI or someone, and actually even simpler than most of the Cabela ones.

Also, I don't imagine much engineering goes into these, but I got to wonder if there are differences in how a fin is designed, for tube/wader or swimming use.

Bob3 once bubbled...
The critters you're asking about are commonly used with those innertube fishing floats.
Cabelas has several varieties: SNIP

You'll note that when they're called "fishing" stuff as opposed to "diving" the price is a fraction of what it normaly is. (like the K-mart neoprene gloves):wink:

Back
Top Bottom