Flight Attendants New Speech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan once bubbled...

Something tells me that SWA pilot needs a quick lesson in geography, because it does not take two hours to leave Texas heading north from DFW. LOL :D

In all fairness to the pilot, it was likely under the 2 hours, memory gets foggy for us old guys! :D :D

Something tells me that SWA pilot needs a quick lesson in geography, because it does not take two hours to leave Texas heading north from DFW. LOL :D

Shhhhhh! Don't tell them that, ScubaTexan. They're supposed to believe everythings's bigger here! :D

tj

I'd never heard of them until we flew to Las Vegas early in September. Every one of their flight attendants really seemed to love their job and it made the flights enjoyable.

Every plane has art (an actual photo) on its tail and part of the fun is trying to figure out which plane you have. We had a white egret on one plane and a spotted wildcat of some sort on the other.

One leg of the flight wasn't very crowded but the person who did the seat assignments put everyone in the back of the plane. One flight attendant decided we could move around before we left the gate. People started finding new seats and another flight attendant mentioned that we couldn't leave until everyone was seated. The first flight attendant says, "OK, the music has stopped, anyone not in a seat has to get off!"

When we were about an hour from Vegas one of the flight attendants announced that it was time for the "Non-Frontier Airlines sanctioned Las Vegas game." They told us if we had to be 21 to play. Just write your seat number on a $1 bill and drop it in the basket as the flight attendant comes by. (They then proceeded with a few jokes about how much they were going to skim off the top). They had a kid draw the winning dollar and the occupant of the winning seat received the $52 that was in the basket.

When we approached the gate they thanked us for flying Frontier Airlines and said they love saving us money so just "Give your flight attendant $50-100 and they'll be happy to take you back home."

The attendants found out it was one person's 83rd birthday so the following announcement was made: "It's someone's 83rd birthday and their first time on a plane (everyone clapped) if you'd like to wish the captain happy birthday please feel free!"

It was really refreshing to see attendants who love their job!
Ber :bunny:

Ken, i have it was because of a massive set of thunderstorms they were trying to bypass, we were going to chicago and made a detour around elpaso (thank goodness it was a md 11 or we would have had to land and refuel)

as for flight crews the worst i have had have been on delta, i think a stone statue had more personality. in the middle would have been AA on my flight to hawaii there was a lady whose name tag(offical AA company nametag to boot) was "ohh miss" , it was hilarious and she was caught off guard when someone actually knew her name(which was on the name tag below it), and the best would have been the SWA crew from dallas to washington Dc who during the middle of the flight started rolling toilet paper down the alise, and started a mini pillow fight in the back with some kids (man i have never seen a kid swing so hard as to dent the side of a beverage cart , and for a adult to laugh so hard that she hit the floor and couldnt get up for almost a hour.

FWIW

CDiver2,

I heard that exact same speech on Southwest Airlines, when I flew to LA in August.

The return flights speech was different.

That's a pretty good briefing... definately must have been an ex-SWA attendant. SWA rules.

"On your way out, be sure to say hello to my husband... wait! wait! I mean the captain! I meant the captain!"

"If you are not headed to Kansas City, we suggest you exit the plane now rather than after we have taken off."

TheAvatar once bubbled...
That's a pretty good briefing... definately must have been an ex-SWA attendant. SWA rules.

I have only flown SWA once and they were the best flight and funniest flight crew I had. Most of the other airlines don't share their sense of humor and it is a shame. I feel if there is the off chance we are all going to plow into the ground at 400 mph, we should at least share one friggin laugh together.

Paul=-)

cdiver2 once bubbled...
But true I laugh every time I see people rushing to get of before the door is open.

The plane wheels touching tarmac for the first time is good enough reason to stand up and open the bins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom