Flights to Roatan from Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjhansman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're very interested in visiting Cocoview Resort.....but the flights are a killer! :shocked2:

Any Canucks figured out an "easy" way to get to Roatan from Toronto? I'm not overly fond of red-eye flights nor do I have any interest in flying for 18 hours (with multiple transfers) to a Caribbean destination.

On a more positive note....it might mean another trip to Maui 'cause its faster and cheaper :D

Wait till November starts. Direct flights from Toronto via Sunwing Airlines. West jet probably too...

Yes Sunwing has a flight every monday non-stop Toronto to Roatan during the winter. It takes about 4 1/2 hours. We have gone 3 times. If you want a vacation that is all about diving Cocoview is an excellent place to stay, in other words there is not much else to do. If you want to do other things as well then the resorts like Henry Morgan or Mayan Princess on the north side of the island are a good choice. Great beach and a variety of restaurants and beach bars to chose from. Cocoview is very isolated which may or may not be what you are looking for.
I always book our vacations through Selloff Vacations. You can check their website for flights and vacation packages.

I guess it depends when you want to go and when you check prices... when I came down here last summer, it was like $1000 to fly in July from Montreal (via Houston on Continental/United).... this time around, I paid $650 (via Atlanta on Delta), which I won't complain about, though for all i know, that price might have something to do with the fact that I'm here for 3 months instead of a week. All I can say is good luck. Good prices do show up on occasion.

We're very interested in visiting Cocoview Resort.....but the flights are a killer! :shocked2:

Yes they are. Have you tried working with Roatan Charter? They seem to have a good grip on this after 30 years in the business.

And yes, as was mentioned- there isn't much else to do at CCV other than dive. 5x a day with a night dive. If that's what you want, great, if you want to party and do some diving- there are other, better places for that.

RoatanMan, you are still my hero :blinking: - but in this case I have to disagree with you! While I will agree that CocoView is GREAT if you want to get in 5 dives a day, and while I share your passion for the incredible diving on the south side of Roatan, I completely disagree with your comment about finding another place if you don't just want to dive, dive, dive!

I am a person (and I'm sure there are others) who is not interested in doing 5 dives a day, but can be quite entertained without the "party" atmosphere. I truly enjoy just BEING in a lovely place like Roatan. I could be quite content with doing 3 or 4 dives a day at CocoView and then spending leisurely time getting to know the staff and other guests. I could spend hours downloading the pictures I have taken underwater, sitting on the dock watching to see what kind of fish are hanging around in the shallows or generally just chilling.

I'll bet there are many divers who maybe aren't up to the volume of diving you're talking about...but they could still have a GRAND time at CocoView :D

I'm good with the quiet life at CCV....the idea is to have a quiet diving vacation. Besides, if I dive 4 times a day, there is zero night life for me except sleeping. :)

I've found the Sunwing flights (thanks oacy16) and it's given me hope. Now I'm trying to find a flight that fits in to the typical Saturday/Saturday schedule at CCV.

Take a look at Cheap flights to Europe, Florida and Sun destinations | Cars and hotels | Air Transat they will be conducting flights from Toronto to Roatan this winter. The Air Transat web site has Roatan on it's destination list but doesn't have prices yet. I suspect the flights will start mid December.
Philip
RoatanLiving.com

Any Canucks figured out an "easy" way to get to Roatan from Toronto? I'm not overly fond of red-eye flights nor do I have any interest in flying for 18 hours (with multiple transfers) to a Caribbean destination.

On a more positive note....it might mean another trip to Maui 'cause its faster and cheaper :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom