Florida Aquarium shark dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharks was good, but pricey. Lunch (3 adults, 5 kids) was $105. I could go in and just sit at the bar - it's an aquarium that's about 6" deep, and is the entire bar! It's got blennies, mandarins, flame angels, and various other small fish. It's too cool!

One thing that I noticed, is that all of the shark species there are docile. The most agressive shark they have there are some small black tips.

Yeah, everything at the park is a bit on the $$$ high side. Although one of the things I like is that after the 9/11 attacks thaey didn't lay anyone off like the other parks did. And they have promotional deals for FD/PD employees.

-Crispy

How do contact them??

Over 400 fish, 250lb sea Turtles, 2 nurse sharks, schools of Red and black drum, sting rays, catfish, spadefish and various other species in a 450,000 gallon oceanarium. Its a good dive at a decent price. Around 60-65 dollars, and that includes admission in the park. I did a trip through a local diveshop in orlando www.nwdivers.com and paid 59 dollars and that included a tank.
If you live anyhere near it I definetly recommend it. :yellow:

John

Over 400 fish, 250lb sea Turtles, 2 nurse sharks, schools of Red and black drum, sting rays, catfish, spadefish and various other species in a 450,000 gallon oceanarium. Its a good dive at a decent price. Around 60-65 dollars, and that includes admission in the park. I did a trip through a local diveshop in orlando www.nwdivers.com and paid 59 dollars and that included a tank.
If you live anyhere near it I definetly recommend it. :yellow:

John

Even up here in the frigid North country, aquarium diving is catching on. Underwater Adventures at the Mall of America (MOA) in Minneapolis MN offers a four-hour "Swim with the Sharks" adventure that includes a Top of the Tanks tour of the facilities, and two dives--one in the freshwater Fisherman's Hollow (pike, muskies, catfish) and the other in Shark Cove (reef, nurse, sandtiger). The cost is a fairly steep $175 and you bring all your own equipment except tank and weights.

A nice benefit of diving at MOA is that you can dive with friends in the afternoon, dry off and catch a great meal at one of the local restaurants, all under the same roof.

If interested:

http://www.underwaterworld.com/swim.html

Back
Top Bottom