Florida, here we come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Well, the trip's getting close now -- We leave Seattle on the 27th, and spend three days at the meeting which is the REAL (cough) reason for the trip. Then on Saturday, Dec. 1, we head up to Ginnie Springs and dive the Ballroom that afternoon. The next day will be either Devils, followed by Peacock, or Little River and Peacock, depending on whether we can satisfy the Ginnie folks that we're okay to dive in doubles (since that's all we'll have). Monday will be diving at Jackson Blue.

I know a couple of people had been in touch about joining us for some of these dives, and I just wanted to put up the finalized itinerary. I'd love to meet any SBers who feel like doing a little cave diving that weekend!

Have a great time, try to get some paperwork from your instructor on diving Intro level with doubles. Ginnie won't allow doubles with just the TDI Intro Cave card. I've tried it myself, its frustrating, but there are tons of other dives in the area. Little River is a great dive, I'd try not to miss out on that anyway.

ooh, and madison...

but whatever you hit, i hope you have a real blast. i'm sorry to miss you guys, but i'll be there next month. i hope to meet up with you sometime soon, cave or cove! :wink:

You're going to love "Cave Country". All of that area up there is beautiful.

Just a thought but more people may see this in the Fl "Trips & MarketPlace".

Best wishes for a great time! The weather should still be very nice and the hurricane season will be gone:)

Bring some rain with you we really need it.

Cheers

Steve

Then on Saturday, Dec. 1, we head up to Ginnie Springs and dive the Ballroom that afternoon. The next day will be either Devils, followed by Peacock, or Little River and Peacock, depending on whether we can satisfy the Ginnie folks that we're okay to dive in doubles (since that's all we'll have). Monday will be diving at Jackson Blue.

I would make sure I made it to Little River, the flow is down right now and you can see alot of the cave on 1/6's of your doubles. Ginnie will not let you dive doubles at the intro level, unless you have it on your card or on a waiver from your instructor. You should dive Devil's however to feel the flow, and work on your pull & glide. Enjoy your trip to Florida and get in many caves as possible.

Enjoy! Peacock is in good nick right now, especially if one arrives early.

Well, after some correspondence, it looks as though it may not be possible to dive Ginnie. I didn't know about the problem, or I could have gotten a letter from German. Now, it's too late :(

Well, after some correspondence, it looks as though it may not be possible to dive Ginnie. I didn't know about the problem, or I could have gotten a letter from German. Now, it's too late :(

Not to late, PM sent.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom