Florida Photographers: Who wants a free trip to the Florida Middle Grounds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee, no problem. I figured you may have misunderstood the landscape out here. Yeah, on the other coast of Florida, you only go a few miles to get into real deep stuff. I know fishermen and divers here in Florida that have lived here their whole life and have never made it out to the Middle Grounds. I've been there three times in the last three weeks, and am a certifiable addict!

Anyway, I'm glad you posted the questions. It gave me an opportunity to elaborate a little, and take another shot at Pug's "slug sled" with the Mike Brady color scheme! :D

tampascott:
I would like to offer a free trip to the Florida Middle Grounds, leaving from Pasco County, to a well qualified photographer with good digital equipment and lighting.

I would be interested in doing it; can I bring along my regular dive buddy as well? I have a digital, Cannon 20D, with a Ikelite housing and 125 strobe. I have taken photos in Clearwater, the keys, and Carribean. Roughly 4k setup; I am heading down to Bonaire next week and will be back around the 4th of July; fortunetly for me, but not you, I then head to Monterey the following weekend.

I am an advanced diver with nitrox and I am comfortable at depth. I have been 8 feet away from a hungry bull without my camera so this may be fun. I would need to do the dive around the end of July or in August. If the timeframe works and you don't mind my buddy then we may be able to do it. I hunt as well, although would not on this trip, but I understand what your looking for. What's in it for me... outside of the mid grounds, can i get one filet for dinner?

Let me know, I am in Clearwater...

Send me a PM if you want to talk about it more so we don't consume the board with potential planning.

You might want to try to find him on spearboard.com- the original post is over 5 years old, and the OP hasn't been on Scubaboard for about 1.5 years (according to his profile) :D

This is a great zombie thread! It has everything in it!

Back
Top Bottom