Flying into Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is still not as bad as:

90 min sitting in Chicago traffic to airport only 15miles away
35 min finding a parking space and shuttle to terminal
30 min in ticket line to show passport
45 min line to get to security and remove half your clothes
dealing with long flight delays especially at Chicago's O'Hare

ARRIVING IN ANY TROPICAL LOCATION IN JAN---PRICELESS

kuip:
Just a side note to some very good responses. The Cancun airport is like two airports. I arrived on a charter. You then must take a shuttle to the main airport to hook up with the bus service that is being referred to. Since it was my first time I could not find the bus to Playa and ended up on a van for 18 dollars. The van hawks acted like they didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them about the bus to Playa.

So... We flew into Cancun 2 times in the past. Were we at a different part of the airport because we used Apple Vacations? :ne_nau: It seemed like the main airport. Was pretty big and a very long corridor with car rentals ect..to walk down after the red light green light. This time we are flying with NWA. Sould I expect to be somewhere I have never been? I was feeling very comfortable with looking for the Riviara bus and all after clearing customs..... but now maybe it is not in the same part of the airport I was in before?!?!?!

Help!!! :confused2 Im a blonde LOL and I dont want to be all confused when we get there!!!

I belive apple uses USA3000 which goes to terminal 2 (according to the info I was able to find), you may want to check with NWA to see what terminal they use.

28 days and counting...................

scubasherry:
So... We flew into Cancun 2 times in the past. Were we at a different part of the airport because we used Apple Vacations? :ne_nau: It seemed like the main airport. Was pretty big and a very long corridor with car rentals ect..to walk down after the red light green light. This time we are flying with NWA. Sould I expect to be somewhere I have never been? I was feeling very comfortable with looking for the Riviara bus and all after clearing customs..... but now maybe it is not in the same part of the airport I was in before?!?!?!

Help!!! :confused2 Im a blonde LOL and I dont want to be all confused when we get there!!!
I'm not sure however I do know that one of the two terminals does not have the bus service we are all referring to. A shuttle must be taken from one to the other.

The bus is outside of terminal 2 like it always has been, only now it's at the west end. Right as you exit the customs past the rental car guys look for the ticket person. Then out the door run the gauntlet past everyone go straight about 100 yards.
Northwest uses terminal 2.
The Charters use terminal1 only sometimes are reg airlines forced to use it. Sometimes Charters also use term 2
Most people trying to get you in a taxi or shuttle will say they have no knowlege of the bus because they don't get a commision from them. LOOK FOR RED SHIRTS WITH ADO ON THEM those are the guys you want.

Has anyone ever taken a Taxi from Cancun to Playa? If so what is the cost? Wifey is not crazy about the bus, We leave thsi Monday :)

HeyMikey:
Has anyone ever taken a Taxi from Cancun to Playa? If so what is the cost? Wifey is not crazy about the bus, We leave thsi Monday :)
I'm not sure of the taxi costs I'm guessing not cheap. But these buses that are being talked about are not the kind that are seen in the movies with chickens and farm animals on them. They are like Greyhounds. They are very neat and clean with good AC.

We paid $50 from Cancun shopping area 2 years ago.... but only after chewing him down from $65 we told the guy "Fine. We will go ask this other taxi untill we find one for $50." So I imagine it might be close to that.

HeyMikey:
Has anyone ever taken a Taxi from Cancun to Playa? If so what is the cost? Wifey is not crazy about the bus, We leave this Monday :)

Taxi for just 2 is $60. If you get on a shuttle van with 10 others inside (sardines) it's 15-20 each. If the shuttle is not full the price goes up, there is a set price and they divide by number of people. The shuttles are just reg. or stretched vans and like I said they try to pack you in. These shuttles also will make stops at the resorts along the way to drop off others, so it might take twice as long to take them.
:D
The Bus is newer tour bus type, seats are not bench seats, but more like aircraft with high back and head rest, cushioned, and they recline. Sometimes they play a movie as there are TV's every 5 rows. It goes directly to Playa and the terminal is right where a taxi would let you out also.
The terminal is on the pedestrian walk way so upon leaving you're surrounded by other tourist. You can get a porter right outside the door to carry your bags the 2 short blocks to the pier if your not able to. It will only cost you $2.

HeyMikey:

Lasr weel,I took a bus trip from CUN to PDC,It was a very comfortable one that everybody talked. Save taxi fee and go 2 more tanks!

Back
Top Bottom