Flying with camera...."the best way"...what is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan, I purchased this alternative Airport Ultralight specifically because you CAN bring it on the smaller hops like the flights to Key West (where you typically have to gate check your carry-ons). And, it has worked for me on several flights as my "personal item" because I have carried it as a backpack, so I've had an additional carryon. This is definitely a smaller option and I am not sure if it would work for you, but I have been really happy with it.
Hi Kate,
I don't think it would be big enough to put the housing in, and that's close to as expensive as the camera and lens :) ....meaning I need to staY IN CONTROL of where the housed camera is, and who has access to it.

I put my camera, housing, strobes and lenses in a large tupperware container, carried inside a backpack.
This gives it a bit more protection than just clothing, etc, and the tupperware weighs almost nothing. The arms, batteries, etc go in checked luggage.

Back
Top Bottom