Foldable Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marshvet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am thinking of going this way. I have read some good reviews about the Oceanic Foldable. Any other input about that one or others is appreciated.
Thanks.

Marshall

I hated snorkels till I got the cheapie beaver silicone snorkel, the one that rolls up into a "snail". the foldable ones dont snag, and have come in useful on many occasions. cant say anything about the oceanic, but a foldable flexible snorkel is my tool of choice now.

I now exclusively dive with a Cressi foldable snorkel. It works as a snorkel when I make long surface swims (I also use it for freediving which I do maybe more than scuba), then goes comfortably away in a pocket when I want to spend some time under the waves. My only complaint is it doesn't stay clipped to y mask very well. I don't have any experience with the Oceanic version, but imagine it is similar.

I had an Oceanic Pocket Snorkel (foldable) until I lost it over 95ft of ewater in the local quarry, teaching. Was never able to locate it. I really liked it. Right now those snorkels are very difficult to find, as they have been back ordered for months. To be sure, I will get another one when they become available again.

I use an AquaLung Nautilus. I paid $40 at my LDS & then saw them for sale in the Keys this past summer for $10. :shakehead:

That being said, I have never actually used it on a surface swim. Its always stayed in its case so I cant give any reviews on that.

I was looking at the Oceanic foldable recently, as I really like things that pack up well for travel. I ended up getting an Aeris Cuda 2 instead (non-folding), as it was highly recommended and I was attracted to the dry top. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'll be doing a pool dive to brush up on some skills next week; if it works as advertised I'll be happy with it.

If the oceanic came with a removable dry top I would've gone with that; even without it it was still at the top of my list.

I have an oceanic folding snorkel. Used it until I got the edge stealth roll up. The only real.negative of the oceanic is the keeper used. It is a velcro like clip that sucks. Replaced it with a quick release. I think the one shop near me has a few in stock. But they are $35.00 or so. I sell the roll up for $20.00.

I started with an dry snorkel. It sits on the shelf. Useless for scuba. But my ow instructor said it was the best choice. That was a lie.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I use an AquaLung Nautilus. I paid $40 at my LDS & then saw them for sale in the Keys this past summer for $10. :shakehead:

That being said, I have never actually used it on a surface swim. Its always stayed in its case so I cant give any reviews on that.
I love the Aqualung nautilus, I would love to find them for 10 bux, way under dealer cost! I like having a snorkel and hate wearing a snorkel in open water, this is a true working solution.

I have used the Oceanic Pocket Snorkel and love it. It's easy to stow in a pocket until you need it, and the velcro keeper has worked well for 100+ dives. Fellow divers envy it so much that I've bought several to give away as gifts.

I know LeisurePro just got a restock about 10 days ago and was selling them for only $20. Otherwise Amazon seems to have suppliers available for more like $35-40.

My wife and I bring the XS Scuba Snorkel with us on vacation. Good quality, easy to jam in a pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom