Folding Snorkels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hate having to wear a snorkel diving, and for the most part don't. However, there are times when one would obviously come in handy. ie: long surface swims, etc. A small or folding snorkel would be best, but some of them look like junk and wouldn't be worth the price.

What is the favorite folding snorkel? I have had my eye on Sherwood Avid for awhile.

Any opinions?

For space, it's great. However, it's not a very good snorkel when compared with one with a purge. Water will collect in the 'J' of the snorkel (moreso than a tube snorkel due to the corrugation it seems to me), so it's pretty much always wet... If I had to do it over again, I might get one of the Oceanic/ScubaPro foldable tube snorkels.. They're just slightly bigger, but they're full-featured snorkels...

PurduEE once bubbled...
I might get one of the Oceanic/ScubaPro foldable tube snorkels.. They're just slightly bigger, but they're full-featured snorkels...
I did a couple of seaches and couldn't find that one. Where have you seen that?

I tried a folding snorkel for awhile, and concluded that as a concept is does not work.

So if you find one you like, make sure you try it out under normal conditions (like a long surface swim with your face in the water).

It rolls up into this nice hockey-puck sized package, it traps water easily, however.

My verdict:

Use the Snap (or your folding snorkel) if 1) there are no waves to speak of and/or 2) local laws require you to have a snorkel and you don't feel you'll really need one.

Don't use it if you think you're going to actually NEED a snorkel.

Just my .02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom