For under those drygloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
I'm not a big fan of UA anymore. It might be good for wicking, but I don't think it does crapola for keeping you warm. There are many other fabrics and materials that can do both.

I was looking into these...
http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0005133920109a.shtml

The regular UA fabric doesn't do alot for warmth... but I happen to own a UA ColdGear shirt (same fabric those gloves are made out of) and it does quite a good of insulating as well as wicking moisture away.

To be honest I use simple polartec gloves bought in a supermarket for 1 US $
Of course they were not meant as diving gloves
:D
And they are great!!!!

Mania

dave4868:
In warmer water, with your light liner and supple 620's, you must have some excellent dexterity! Probably could take apart your second stage and rebuild it underwater, right? :)

Actually I have only dived in cold water so far, I'm new. :) But the 620's plus light liners have been good to me down to 46F.

Matt S.:
Actually I have only dived in cold water so far, I'm new. :) But the 620's plus light liners have been good to me down to 46F.

Don't know what I was thinking....:) that is pretty cold.

Your'e doing well with the lightweight liners at those temps!

Dave C

Peter_C:
... in case of a glove flood, the caveline, etc, can be removed.
This is something I've heard about, and I'm curious. How do you do that? I suppose you have to go ahead and remove the glove to get to the straw. But since it's flooded anyway, who cares? Is this right?

P.S. Sorry about the hijack!

sambolino44:
This is something I've heard about, and I'm curious. How do you do that? I suppose you have to go ahead and remove the glove to get to the straw. But since it's flooded anyway, who cares? Is this right?

The chance of both gloves leaking at the same time is almost impossible. So if you grab the palm of your hand, you can pull the string or whatever you have into the glove, then your latex seal will do it's job. I usually tuck my first layer (Capaline sp?) under my latex seals. They can pulled out by grabbing my drysuit behind the wrist, and pulling.

I'm another one using just cheap thin poly-pro liners under ordinary rubber dry gloves in 46F water. Perfectly comfortable - not cold at all, and I'm one who gets cold easily. The poly-pro liners are great because they are thin, tight, and stretchy so you keep your dexterity. And they cost about $5.
-Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom