Force Fin Media

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
With the Media in the highlights, we have a story on paradigm-shifting media. Paradigm Busting Fins, Paradigm Shifting Media - ForceFins
foot_work.jpg-fw.jpg

We spent a chunk of change advertising with Rodale magazine Fitness Swimmer. Then, their Scuba publication started to post Fin test results that did not match our growth. Their editorial articles had a "Stinging effect" on our sales. The internet started then, and there was no way to combat the unjust editorial. Letters to the editor were printed months later after the damage was done. Editorial statements like Force Fin require a "bicycle kick." made us a joke with dive instructors. Kicking like that will make you go nowhere and is a sign of an inexperienced diver. Even today, many years later, we hear this comment from those who do not like our product. As Mark Twain stated, " Don't mess with the Press, for they have barrels of ink." So true. We learned the hard way that the Dive industry did not want us around, so we dropped out and have survived where others have come and gone in these last 40 years. Today, Susanne and I see Force Fin growing again due to all the millions of customers
forcefin-scans215-fw.jpg
who #LOVE their Force Fins. Share your story there. COMMUNITY - Force Fins | Worlds Finest Fins for Swimming, Diving, Bellyboating and without the Scuba Board, I could not share my personal thoughts. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom