Forecast Sucks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DwayneJ

Contributor
Reaction score
PZZ655-200415-
INNER WATERS FROM POINT MUGU TO SAN MATEO PT. CA INCLUDING SANTA
CATALINA AND SANTA BARBARA ISLANDS-
236 PM PDT TUE APR 19 2011

TONIGHT
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NW 10 KT OVERNIGHT. WIND
WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. SW SWELL 1 TO 2 FT AT 9 SECONDS.

This looked pretty good but turned out one of the worst nights in more than a year. Wicked swell really threw the boat around and make for a tough time getting back onboard. Wind was also much stronger and some white caps could be seen. Be safe!

Dwayne

Sounds like a tough trip. It wasn't too bad in Avalon, I did 5 dives in the dive park; there was a bit of a surge but all and all it was quite great.

I went out last night at Heisler park in laguna, we got in about 730 with a slight wind and about 2 ft surf. Moderate surge on descending, but 45 minutes later we had about 5 foot side to side surge the wind chop was 2ft and the surf was probably 3 to 4 range. certainly not what the report was forecasting...

I went out last night at Heisler park in laguna, we got in about 730 with a slight wind and about 2 ft surf. Moderate surge on descending, but 45 minutes later we had about 5 foot side to side surge the wind chop was 2ft and the surf was probably 3 to 4 range. certainly not what the report was forecasting...

This is pretty much what happened to us. Sorry to hear.

Dwayne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom