Fort Lauderdale, West Palm, etc... am I missing out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we recently did a week trip to florida and had some really great dives. we dove out of pompano,, looe key and key largo. the wrecks were awesome, the reefs were great with lots of life. the best was spearing some hog fish and grabbing some lobsters and taking them to the restaurant and having them cook it up for us. it doesnt get any better than that. the water was 89 to 90 degrees at surface, the vis was 60 plus feet and the seas very calm. we dove with six packs the whole time and paid $50 to $55 for a two tank dive. most days we did 4 dives per day. i think we are heading back the later part of october for some more fun.

I frequently drift dive with splashdown divers out of boynton beach. We usually go south to Delray Beach. It's some of the BEST reefs around. Very colorful, lots of fish, sponges, and soft coral. It is way more colorful than the keys. The DM there is a SB member as well.

Mike can you tell me who the dive master is where we find him. We are going to florida end of November and diving ft.lauderdale. west palm beach area. We would like to find a diver like that to dive with with. Is he with a dive op there?
Thanks Lynne

SterlingDiver:
,,,,I Don't agree.

This is my experiance. Lots of brown algae and bleach out coral. Fish life average at best. 40'-50; viz, nothing too get excited about. Flat dive profiles.

Does this compare favorably to the Turks????? Seems that was the original question of the thread. Not in my humble opinion.

Does the east coast of FL compare to the crystal clear water in the Turks? Nope! The viz down here stinks :hmmm: ... it's only between 40-80'. But, the variety and quality of the dive sites compare to most of the exotic locations. You can do just about whatever kind of diving you want within a few hours driving. My only complaint is I'm 2 hours 15 minutes from LBTS, and I don't get to dive there as often as I would like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom