Found a great mask for small faces!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I've tried the coolvu, and would say that that is the closest fit out of all the others.

I tried the Tusa Splendive too… felt fine in the shop, got it underwater and I spent the whole dive clearing my mask!! (I know! I should have tried it in the pool first… I learned that lesson well) I did have my normal mask in my pocket, so if it had been truly awful, I could have swapped them over.

Interesting about Japan, but of course obvious! I hadn't thought about dive kit… I lived over there for about a year in the 80's and it was great to have access to loads of clothes that fitted me perfectly!!! I am average height in Japan… though at the time not quite average build :|

Justin699:
The Scubapro CoolVu is made to fit smaller faces. I know some of the TUSA and scubapro masks/snorkels are identical but i don't think this one is distributed by anyone else, have a look at it
http://www.scubapro.com/products/fms/m_cool_vu/m_cool_vu.asp

HOw is it on fogging? I am new to diving and have been using an Oceanic and the thing constantly fogs up no matter what I do. I've cleaned it with baking soda, toothpaste and softscrub, and it still fogs. I am very petite and have a small face. I saw the website and checked it out. I'm leaving for Cayman brac on Wed...don't know if I can get one overnighted to me or not, but I think I might give it a try.

Thanks for the site info.

How about Ajax or Comet? They usually work like a charm. Just put a couple of drops of water and mix to make a paste. Rub it around your mask for a while. They will not scratch your lens. Rinse well after. A new mask will usually need this several times and you may need to repeat once in a while.

How about the anti-fog solution you are using? Some only work in a completely dry mask . Check the directions and make sure your mask is pretty clean before putting drops. I find SeaVision Defog amazing - never fogs. And it can be used in a wet or dry mask - much appreciated on a choppy boat. It says "A Clean lens doesn't fog". I've heard that PSI 500 is excellent too. Hope that helps!

I just received my new mask last week, which I bought for the very reason it fit my small face very well. It is an OMS mask with the black frame/skirt. It is also low volume which I really like for mask clearing.

I also have the Akona Nica mask and i just could never get comfortable with that one. I have used my Genesis Panview mask for the past two years and it has fit fine, but the seal is starting to leak. I like the OMS mask a lot better regarding fit.

I know this message was posted some time ago, but I am curious to know, Suthnbelle… how do you find the black skirt of your new funky OMS mask? I have seen these and they do look like they would do the job, but do you not find it a little oppressive having a black area around the edge of your vision?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom