Fourth Element Halo A°R Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own them. They are very worm.
The swiss lakes are +/- 6 C (40-45 F) at the moment and I stay toasty for over an hour.
More volume than the Santi gloves so fitting in your dry suit glove could be an issue. Suit/glove compression feels nice and my dexterity is still good.

They have a waterrepellent outer layer wich is nice to carry stuff around and handle things before the dive.

Wow they look pretty sweet... maybe not $108 sweet, but pretty sweet!

I own them. They are very worm.
The swiss lakes are +/- 6 C (40-45 F) at the moment and I stay toasty for over an hour.
More volume than the Santi gloves so fitting in your dry suit glove could be an issue. Suit/glove compression feels nice and my dexterity is still good.

They have a waterrepellent outer layer wich is nice to carry stuff around and handle things before the dive.
If you don't mind me asking, what size are the FE gloves, and what model and size of dry gloves are you able to slide those into? They look super toasty, which is awesome, but fairly bulky?

I don't have large hands, maybe slightly fatter fingers than typical, but I'm wondering whether a large Halo AR glove would even fit inside even a #11 Showa CS720. I use a #10 with relatively thin Xerotherm glove liners.

If you don't mind me asking, what size are the FE gloves, and what model and size of dry gloves are you able to slide those into? They look super toasty, which is awesome, but fairly bulky?

I don't have large hands, maybe slightly fatter fingers than typical, but I'm wondering whether a large Halo AR glove would even fit inside even a #11 Showa CS720. I use a #10 with relatively thin Xerotherm glove liners.
I have rather small hands and I wear a Medium FE glove. It‘s snug but very comfy. FE sizes tend to be on the small size and thats true for these gloves too in my opinion. My dry suit gloves are the Ultima from Waterproof size M.

I own a pair, size large. I'm looking for a dry glove that will fit over them, which is why I found this thread. They can squeeze into a Showa 720-11 (XXL), but it's way too tight to dive and the fingers are quite long.

According to another thread, the Showa 737-10 (XL) has more room than the 720-11. I just ordered a couple different sizes of 737 to see if they work better.

I own a pair, size large. I'm looking for a dry glove that will fit over them, which is why I found this thread. They can squeeze into a Showa 720-11 (XXL), but it's way too tight to dive and the fingers are quite long.

According to another thread, the Showa 737-10 (XL) has more room than the 720-11. I just ordered a couple different sizes of 737 to see if they work better.
Thanks for checking in, please share how those 737s work for you! I was thinking maybe a showa 495 might also be an option for thicker glive liners too, but I've never seen those in person either.

I don't think my 720s with xerotherm liners are going to cut it for a longer/colder dive.

Got the gloves and after two dives under ice I can say that these are warmest liners I have ever worn. Temperature on these dives was 1-2C (33.8-35.6F). After 45min fingers are cold but not as cold as before with other liners. Before I have used Enluva wool liners and Hestra heli ski wool liners. Halos are warmest, then Enluva, then Hestra.
Halos are very thick and you lose some dexterity with these. And in really cold I think the foam inside of the glove gets a bit stiff.
Halo XL fits to Showa 737 XL and Santi XXL. Won't fit to 720 XXL, 660XXL or Sitech three finger gloves.

Show 495 are what you want. They have thicker fingers that are made for having thick liners.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom