Freaks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and I agree with MightyDiver.....I have seen to many of those inhabitants whom live south of the 49th who think we have snow 24/7/365.........In fact when I was in college the first summer I worked setting grades on a road crew, and along came a couple of guys from Michigan trailing a couple of snowmobiles....now bear in mind we were running about an 80 degree avg that summer and they were pissed that there was no snow and wondered if it would turn cold and get snow soon....I kinda gave them the old deer in the headlight look and told them we do not get snow (usually) after May and then don't get anymore until November...............

If this Texan can vote, I like the M.O.O.S.E. idea!!!

And if we can borrow an idea from the "Man from U.N.C.L.E." TV show, your logo can be the sihlouette of a diver standing just in front of a dive flag maple leaf with "M.O.O.S.E." underneath it all.

(The TV show's was a sihlouette of a secret agent with a gun pointed down infront of a hollow globe with the long/lat lines and "U.N.C.L.E." below it).

And to be true to the original idea, you can always have the diver holding a spear gun.

And you theme song can be one of Pete's parodies to "Secret Agent Man" :tease:

M.O.O.S.E. sounds good, but I must confess a certain Red Green-ish fondness for the Possum Lodge Dock Repair Team.

Either way, I think the emblem should include crossed hockey sticks and duct tape. :wink:

~SubMariner~

A Canuck in the Deep South

Y'all actually get days without snow???

BTW this is my 1st tip toe into another clubs territory. So since I'm here I might as well intrude all the way.

How about Crazy A** Northern Underwater Klub. Of course y'all will have to change a word or two if ya want to spell CANUK right, I think. (Hey, I'm a Texan - spelling right aint important - just don't talk with an accent and everyone'll think you aint dumb.)

This FREAKING thing has got to go.:upset:

..don't fix it!

I'm still relatively new to diving and scubaboard, but my $0.02 would be to keep the name. Just because we CAN change it, does that mean we SHOULD?

I've given up everything I used to do in summer to go hard at diving. It's all I read about, it's all I talk about, it's all I think about. I definitely fall into the freak category!

Well, going to log off now and go drink a beer with the latest Scuba Diving magazine, that should tide me over until the Operation Aware clean-up on Sunday.

Cheers,

Matt.

Come on now Divedude... Geeks are the Circus Sideshow folks that eat live animals for other people's entertainment. That's just not right... :)

-Frank =-)

Fresh Water Fanatics
Thermocline Surfers
Thermocline Warriors
Cold water Kings
Frosty water fanatics
Green Water Warriors
Fresh Cool & Frosty Fanatics

Oh well ......... Had to try

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom