Free AL80s (old but not 6351) + other stuff for free and sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damselfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have 2 AL 80s that someone gave me. Yellow in pretty nice cosmetic shape but were sitting for who knows how long. I don't dive locally anymore and don't want to bother with them, so I'll give them to someone who will pick up locally in Rt 2/495 area. If I read them correctly they are not 6351. Come with foam tank holders.

Tank #1
CTC/DOT-3AL 3000 P464084 LUXFER 02^90 S80
6 95 last hydro
The valve is marked "SQ-7 BBB Japan". It has a little corrosion at the neck and the valve is stuck shut so I have no idea if there is air in there.

Tank #2
CTC DOT 3AL 3000 S80 M4002
6 95
12 89
This tank is empty, probably for a long time. It has a Catalina valve that works smoothly.

I also have assorted stuff to sell that I haven't gotten around to determining prices, so if you might be interested in something and want to save shipping let me know. I can post pics if there is interest.

May give preference for tanks and other freebies to someone who wants to buy the most other stuff. :)

- Hartenberger light (just light no charger.) Older model so I'm not sure which - possibly an old version of the Mini Compact. (I found this on the bottom from a liveaboard and it was still glowing a bit, so it was working then and apparently dropped earlier by someone on another boat.)

- Cressi-Sub Big Eyes mask. Clear with black trim. Used a couple times and decided it didn't fit right after all.

- Oceanic Shadow mask, black. Doesn't fit, used once if at all.

- Mystery mask, clear, single lens. This is one my husband bought, wore a couple times, and didn't really fit him. He did put his initials on the buckle in paint pen.

- 2 x Sherwood octopus 1990 vintage. Haven't been used/serviced for some years but AFAIK were in good shape except the seat saver button is missing from one.

- 2 x Dacor Viper octopus. I think I bought these around 2005 and was using them until I bought new regs recently.

- 26" Scubapro LP inflator hose, new or fairly new - I don't think it's been wet but wouldn't swear to it. (I use a Dive Alert so use shorter inflator hose.)

- 28" generic inflator hose. Again, I'm not sure if this has been wet or not, looks new.

- 2 x Sherwood depth gauge (plastic) in hose mount boot. Vintage 1990, haven't been used in years but worked fine last time. Mounts have a screw clamp to go on a hose. (The mounts are actually meant to hold old Suunto computers, not sure if they're the same size as new ones but probably.)

- 2 x Sub-Alerts. Work, but we since got Dive Alert+. One of these has a slow air leak and probably needs the schrader valve replaced (or so I'm told.)

- 1 pair spring straps for standard post style. (Made by Wayward Son.) On the small side, about 10" center to center post. Don't think I ever got them wet, I wear thin booties so they're just not comfortable for me.

- 1 Zeagle Sport Utility pocket, black. Almost like new, only used a few times and decided it was bigger than I needed.

- 1 DSS Bungie Mount for Suunto Vyper/Gekko.

- 2 x universal APS fin straps. (APS Mantaray Universal Fin Strap Pair from LeisurePro.com) These used to be sold singly in different sizes and I have one about 13" and one about 16". Been in my save a dive box a long time but never been wet.

- 7mm gloves, small. Old but very good shape.

- 7mm gloves, large. Old but good shape except for a patch of Aquaseal on one palm.

- Darlexx skin, black, size M. Older but in good shape.

- 2 x Akona Travel Wallet, new in package.

Freebies you can go through if you pick up:

- Assorted hose clips and octo holders.

- Sherwood SPG with thermometer, plastic on 32" hose. Not selling this cause it's old, plastic, and the face has some dings, but I think it works fine.

- 2 Sherwood bottom timers. Small puck about 1.5" dia x .75" high. Digital display shows bottom time and SI. I bought these in 1990 and used for a few years until I got a computer. Amazingly, I took them down somewhat recently and they still work! But, I don't think the batteries are replaceable and don't know how long they would last. But who knows.

- Whatever else turns up...

Last edited:
if you still have the tanks ill pick them up, see if they are usable and put them in service for my fire department, will take a look at the rest of the stuff as well...ill pm you my phone number give me a call if you still have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom